The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2009, 11:43 PM

Default The vietnam war

I am passing this along because it is probably the best search list ever compiled about the Vietnam War.

This simply has to be shared with anyone who ever served in Vietnam or knew someone who served in Vietnam

It would take months to look at everything this site offers.

Somebody went to a lot of effort on this site... It's one of the most complete that I've seen to date... Feel free to pass it along to anyone you think might be interested...

http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/fac/...h/Vietnam.html

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 12:32 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Thank you! Found ADM Zumwalt's Interview on AO

ADM. ZUMWALT: In 1989 the then Secretary of Affairs, Edward Durinsky, having watched my battle with my son, our effort to help him recover from exposure to Agent Orange and cancers, asked me if I would serve as a pro bono special assistant and go through all of the documents so that I could give him a recommendation as to what he should do. The law giving him the responsibility to make a judgement, to compensate for health affects if the evidence was, proved it was likely as not that there were correlations between exposure and specific diseases.

I spent about nine months doing that and turned in a study that pointed that there were very badly flawed studies done by the chemical corporations which had been used for years as a so called reference study to denigrate very good scientific studies done by Swedish scientists. I recommended that those flawed studies be disregarded and that if one did that that there were, in my judgement, assisted by scientific advisors, 28 diseases that were as likely as not a result of exposure to Agent Orange.

We found and reported in that report that the Bureau of the Budget had ordered all the agencies of government in essence not to find a correlation between Agent Orange and health affects stating that it would be most unfortunate for two reasons: A) the cost of supporting the veterans and B) the court liability to which corporations would be exposed.

To his great credit, President Bush, faced with this report immediately ordered compensation to be provided for the first three diseases and supported the execution by the Congress of my recommendation that the flawed scientific committee advising the Secretary of Energy be disestablished and the responsibility was given to the National Academy of Science to report every two years the state of the science. This over time, has led to a total of 13 diseases to being compensated. And if I live we'll get to 28.

Read the total interview at:

http://www.cdi.org/adm/1251/Zumwalt.html

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

I was looking for info on the Raven and now I have found it. Slow and low, with rockets and hand grenades. And a huge pare

Ron
Old 01-17-2009, 05:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Great site !!! Thanks for posting !!!

Larry