The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Palin Troopergate Smear Leader A Phony Marine Corps Poser (Hollis French)

Palin Troopergate Smear Leader A Phony Marine Corps Poser (Hollis French)
Internet | September 10, 2008 | AlaskaErik

Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:40:37 AM by

AlaskaErik

The lead dog on the Troopergate smear campaign has a little explaining to do himself. On his official State of Alaska website he claims to have been in the Marine Corps Reserve in 1977-78 as a private. There is also a reference to (PLC). As a former Marine, this smells fishy. In another story French claims he spent six weeks at Quantico, VA. As every Marine knows, Quantico is where Marine officer training occurs. For French to have been a Marine private he would have had to complete basic training at either Parris Island or San Diego, which takes about three months. I also did a military.com search of Hollis French and came up empty. For Hollis French to claim to have been a Marine Reservist is stretching the truth and an insult to all Marines, past and present.

Excerpt from AlaskaLegislature.com:

French listed his service as "USMC (ROTC) 1977-1978," which he later explained was six weeks training at the Quantico, Va., Marine Corps base. French said most people saw his military record as a non-issue and he never tried to make it out as anything more or less than was stated in the pamphlet.

Letter from Freedomwriter.com:

INFLATED-FALSE POLITICAL RESUME
Paul A. Bauer, Jr.
Anchorage, AK
Oct. 6, 2002

To All Concerned,

I take special note of those politicians and candidates that inflate or add false information to their resume by misrepresenting themselves to the public just for a vote.

The political resume of Hollis French that was listed in the Sunday Anchorage Daily News said that he has military service in the U.S. Marine Corps ROTC, 1977-78. This is misleading. A student in the ROTC program is not in the military, nor is it counted as any such service. I am guessing, the most Mr. Hollis did in ROTC was to take a few ROTC college courses, maybe he was washed out after a year, and he wants the public to believe that ROTC constitutes as military service. It is not.

The ROTC program is also available to students in high schools around the nation. Does Mr. French want the public to believe that those students also had service in the military?

A military member in the service who is caught inflating their military record is "busted" and would never have a chance of promotion. In a similar situation, one top-ranking officer in the Navy committed suicide when he was caught inflating his military record.

Hollis's misrepresentation is a dishonor and disservice to all servicemen and women that truly served, as well as to the public he wishes to serve.

The media has the responsibility to inform the public of the truth. When gathering information, media reporters should understand what constitutes military service and report it accurately

Paul Bauer Jr.
Maybe FReepers need to put a little heat on Hollis French for his blatant dishonesty about his Marine Corps service.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2079174/posts

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You folks

will stoop to the lowest form of viciousness in your ridiculous attempts to bolster your prejudiced opinions, won't you.

A little "further" research would have shown how ridiculous your charges are now.

This is "old news" that was discredited back in 2002 by none other than the Department of The Navy no less.

Check it out...........

###########

November 1, 2002

Donley, French fight centers on military record

(ANCHORAGE (AP)
-- The high-stakes race between incumbent Anchorage Republican Sen. Dave Donley and Democratic challenger Hollis French has turned into a nasty fight in its final days.

Most of the fight has centered on French's military service. The Republican Party of Alaska ran a three-quarter-page newspaper advertisement Thursday saying that ''The United States Marine Corps says Hollis French was never a Marine. Period.''

But military officials earlier this week sent out a letter saying the Department of the Navy document featured in the Republican advertisement has been revoked and was not factual.

''After further research we have verified that there was a H.S. French in the Marine Corps Reserve,'' George Michalick of the Navy records division wrote. In an interview, Michalick described it as a letter of retraction.

French has an honorable discharge from the U.S. Marine Corps dated April 20, 1978.

###END###

So then, an "honorable discharge" indicates HE WAS in the Marine Corps..........how stupid will you continue to show yourselves and how low will you people keep going, huh?

No wonder MOST of America is fed up with your kind of "politics".

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 PM

Shhhhhhh. DOD are secret democrats. Part of the vast left-wing conspiracy. Shhhhhhh
Old 09-10-2008, 02:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy,...

EVEN YOU must realize that French's very own: "ROTC 1977-78" claim seems hinky, at best?

Seems even hinkier political bull for any supposed: "Military officials(?)" having; "revoked" ANYTHING
OOOOOOOOOOOOOR,...that ANY Marine gets an Honorable Discharge after ONLY ONE YEAR
of Service (or even less?)? Would sure like hearing from A REAL Marine, about that nonsense?

Besides, just whom are these SUPPOSED naval: "Military officials", anyway? What navy? Iranian?
Or, are they just some relations of Democrat National Embarassment, Jimmy Carter?

Neil
Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Look

my loud mouthed dingbat.

Why don't you go ask the Associated Press (AP), they are the ones in 2002 who uncovered this latest tidbit of Rethuglican "ethics" in politics. See the "Headline"?

Or better yet, try and get an appointment for a "brain scan"------cause something above your fly trap mouth sure as heck ain't wired right.

THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, to be perfectly clear---it was "George Michalick of the Navy records division" who cleared this guy Hollis French.

You got a "bitch"---take it up with the "experts" at that Division of the U.S. Navy!

Otherwise---------pop a couple of more "anti-psycotic" tablets and go back to bed and let that worn out gray matter you have left get a good nights sleep.

Damn, you folks REALLY ARE NUTCASES.

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

French is not that rare of a name. It's quite possible that the person referred to by Mr. Michalick is the H. S. French in question. Locating a record of a person with a name like P. M. Carvo would most definitely point at me since, the last time I checked, I'm the only Carvo in the United States Navy.

''After further research we have verified that there was a H.S. French in the Marine Corps Reserve,'' George Michalick of the Navy records division wrote. In an interview, Michalick described it as a letter of retraction. What was retracted?

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 09-11-2008, 05:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner Carvo View Post
French is not that rare of a name. It's quite possible that the person referred to by Mr. Michalick is the H. S. French in question. Locating a record of a person with a name like P. M. Carvo would most definitely point at me since, the last time I checked, I'm the only Carvo in the United States Navy.

''After further research we have verified that there was a H.S. French in the Marine Corps Reserve,'' George Michalick of the Navy records division wrote. In an interview, Michalick described it as a letter of retraction. What was retracted?
I have no idea, I supose it was some misinformation the Republicans used in that three quarter page newspaper ad described in the article back in 2002.

But, IF the United States Navy (ie; Marine Corps) has seen fit to authorize this state official (Hollis French) in question an "honorable discharge" that PROVES he WAS a "United States Marine" and has gone to the trouble to "verify" his credentials IN WRITING..............It's damn well good enough for me.

Seems awful strange to me that you NEVER heard a "peep" out of his Republican opponent any more about this issue during the remainder of the 2002 campaign AFTER this mess was straightened out by the US Navy, HUH?

Methinks those rightwing "bloggers" where this nonsense originated at are "grasping at straws".........Anything to "deflect" ..."deny"....and "distort". The THREE "D's" of republican political strategy.

At least that's MY take on it.

Funny you ain't heard a "peep" from Gov. Palin about the "credentials" of Hollis French, huh? I DON'T think she really wants to go there after that "issue" has already been "discredited" back in 2002, do you????

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 09-11-2008, 06:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

There was a retraction letter with "H. S. French" on it somewhere. I don't see how that proves anything. There are documents on my ship that have "P. M. Carvo" and "Other Than Honorable Discharge" on the same page. That doesn't mean that I've been kicked out of the Navy.

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 09-12-2008, 05:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You Can Run But You Can't Hide, Repuglicans!!!!!

So this is the way repuglicans respond to troopergate: make up lies, shoot the messenger. Why are we not surprised?.
I see the source of this is a freerepublic blog---oh thats Got to be truthful. Next time try getting a credible source.
But the truth is, French is not the author of this complaint, he's only leading the BIPARTISAN comittee investigating it--- a bipartisan committee created by the Al;aska Repuglican assembly. Who started the complaint? Maybe an Alaska citizen that was tired of having Palin's staff working on her sister's vitriolic divorce negotiations, like Frank Bailey in that incriminating recorded phone call. Bailey's a public employee!!What was Bailey doing involved with Palin's sister's divorce----on taxpayer's time?.

If you repuglicans want to see justice done, why don't you ask Sarah Palin to demand her aides depose for the committee? Theyre not HER employees, theyre the State of Alaska employees.

No matter how much BS you can throw up, Sarah Palin will still be held responsible for HER actions. We know how much Repuglicans hate that concept
Old 09-17-2008, 05:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ABNCIB
Default Geez, Gimp

Still doing gymnastics for the Democrats?