The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2006, 01:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Live From Costa Rica its Exlrrp!!!

Well boys, in the continuing battle to bring his own personal brand of wondefulness to the whole world, yr boy finds himself this time in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Have traveled widely in el mundo latinoamericana (Lived in South America almost 2 years, 8 months in Panama {Army} traveled mucho with my ex esposa when she was my esposa in Mejico)
But the first time for CR for yr boy.
What brings the old lrrpster here you might ask==its luna de miel time seeing how I just jumped off the marital bridge for the 3d time last Nov. We waited untill it was slightly off season for the better rates.
Those familiar with my previous travelogues wil find this no surprise. I'll continue to report what I see as I see it.
So I landed in SJ after about 10 hours of travel including 2+ hours at LAX where we spent 1.5 hrs being lost. I guess thats the Bush adminsitration?'s new anti terrorism approach: don't put signs ANYWHERE in Airports telling folks where to go for fear terrorists may use the information.
And by George we weren't the only ones doing the cussing. They dropped our flight off at some boondock terminal and then just left us their to find our own way. Thanks God I speak English fluently or I may have had trouble.
We had a much easier time getting out of the SJ airport because I can also hablabber spanish fairly efficently, at least enough to get the face slapped. You guys know my method: always be able to cuss people out in a foreign language, its very useful as some here have discovered.
Well me and Tha Woman just did a stroll around downtown SJ and its not all that impressive (our last trip was to Spain) but nicer than Mexico and Vietnam which isn't saying mucho.
Still it takes me back to the days when your boy was in his 20s strolling the plazas and playas of SA working out the old PTSD. Now I'm old and a nondrinker but I spect i could still get myself in trouble==theres some prett se?oritas sashaying along the street.
This place is pretty Americanized, there`s more Macdonalds than taco stands. But they still have that 3d world grittiness to them.
There's no specific Tican (Costa Rican) menu, they copped most of it from Mexico
Staying at a nice little B&B here, off the traffic track near parks and the zoo.
Tommorrow its off to the Arenal Volcano
Quedese bueno
Diego