The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Box car 19

I was talking about hill 488 the other day and I thought of an experiance with a box car that I should share.
Hill 488 is a ridge line about 1,000 feet long and at the top is between 6 and 30 feet wide. We were to secure the ridge and build bunkers for a fire bace, (101st took it over after we built bunkers) We secured the hill, fighting off hundreds of bugs and thousands of mosquitos, it was a hard fight but we won. Resupply, ammo water, gernads, wire, trip flars, det cord, claymores, Hand flares, smoke , Food.
Next morning I get a call from BOX CAR 19er to 39 mike over.
Box 19 39mike go ahead over. Box Car 19er I am inbound your location and I need directions, your not on my may, I thought, NO SHIT, we are building it, But I said, Rodger, What is your location, He said that he must be close, I looked around and could see 3 Box Cars at different point all not heading to me, I told him I have 3 boxcars in sight and to go up so I could pick him out. I scan and Sure enough one was going up, I said Boxcacr 19 I have you in sight I think , Turn right. He did, And I said I have you comming straight at my possition. as he flew over I told him we were right below him. He said he couldn't land and would have to drop the sling. I directed him back to an area closest to me ( so I wouldn't have to walk to get sand bags) and told him that while he was over the drop are I couldn't communicate with him because of the noise , That I was right below him. He came in and made a wind and dust storm and droped that sling.
Whe he got well away I called him and said thank You, He said Roger, Out.
Whooo Whooo we have sand bags. Oh wait, Now I have to fill them, Bummer.

Ron, out
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default edit

Sorry, I can't edit, so the the may should be map.
Ron
Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 AM

We were supported by Box Car 'hooks too. had the "boxcar" pair of dice on the tail.
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default MK

Thought about it and can't remember any markings on any Chinook? I do remember they were always driven by a Major or LT Col or a WO3.
Ron
Old 10-06-2005, 04:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

http://hometown.aol.com/old16inf/Boxcar.html

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote