The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Arrow Taps for 9/11 & all Veterans

Taps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfe4TxvUOiw

&

The Mansions of the Load: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGoS...t_radio=1&t=66

Less we forget! Our Brother's at Arms - I listen and drink a beer (or more) to your honor & sacrifice!

My Favorite tribute is this: https://tasteofcountry.com/top-memorial-day-songs/

Some say I'm not an American - but I take that as an insult because I won't support Trump. Bbut that's my right as a Veteran & an American. My best Bud's are Active and Inactive Veterans they are always be on my mind. I love my Country I hope you do too - but I question its leadership - which is my right!

Yesterday I was going through stuff in my garage and came across my Brother's remaining items and read his Death Certificate and the medical reports and after about an hour I was
crying in the garage - it was too much for me - even at 72 I still feel his pain. I also went through my Dad's stuff and found a letter written in 1944 in France to his folks and it was
like me writing my folks. There all gone now and I'm the lone ranger left from the many wars we've all been in. But I miss them but I also have respect and honor for them for they
served our Country. I will be the last Veteran when I go and I hope my kids will keep my records of their heritage and those who served this Country so that they may remain free.
The tape Taste of Country say's it all and should be listened to when you think you've got it tough. Survival is good but dying for your Country in time of need is Honorable and worth
remembering - I would hope your family retains these documents for your kin to review when its time. Too many here on this site think I'm not what they want me to be. I'm my own personwith my own beliefs and wishes. That's America for you - we allowed to think for ourselves we have that freedom. I still respect them as they have a mind of their own.
That's what America is - "free thinkers" and that's something you can only get here in the USA. I just popped my 2nd 16 oz beer. My little cubical in my garage is my military haven. I regret "nothing" in my life. No - I'm not perfect - if I was I'd have been a priest. Mortal I am - I don't have many friends - I guess that's my fault but does that make me less an American. AT least I hope not.

I respect my fellow man (regardless of race) and will only tell you what's on my mind - whether it acceptable or unacceptable - you wouldn't want anything less that that. Be yourselves and help others when needed.

Love your family - many solider's didn't get that opportunity - so think of them as you hug your kids - and go to work or whatever you do - just because they never got that
opportunity.

May the Lord Almighty be with you all - all your lives. I feel like I owe someone something - go to your local memorials and bring a Poppy and tell them guy's thanks.

Your Brother: The Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links