The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Doc.2/47

Default PTSD=LS

Prior to about a year and a half ago PTSD was never a subject that was mentioned or discussed in my household.But what with considering to file a claim,fileing a claim,stressor letter,trips to visit shrinks or the claim folks in Nashville,haveing the claim approved,and what not,PTSD has been recieveing almost dailey mention around the house for some time now.For some time now it has been obvious that this poses a bit of a problem.My wife,Nancy,has a problem remembering the right initials and therefore never calls it the same thing twice in a row(PGFD,PESC,etc.);my teenage daughter is firmly convinced that I am afflicted with PMS and is quite upset with me because I won't help her file a claim of her own.She has displayed a strong tendency to loudly refer to my "PMS" condition at the most embarrassing times and places.For these reasons,and also because PTSD sounds like it ought to refer to a sexually transmitted disease,I decided that PTSD needed to be renamed-at least for use within my household.

But what would be an appropriate alternate name?After a lot of consideration I recalled a ledgendry warrior who carried a wound that never entirely healed.When it was doing well he functioned in a normal manner,but when it was at it's worse it was necessary for him to leave the company of others and "go into the forest for healing".Sounds right.In my house PTSD has been changed to Lancealot's Syndrom usually shortened to "LS".This name change has been working well with the only problem being that when Nancy says LS I have this strange urge to say MFT.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2003, 06:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Talking LSMFT a famous Slogan

Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco for you all' to young to smoke and don't got them
Old 10-22-2003, 08:15 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

OR:Loose Suspenders Mean Falling Trousers.
At any rate,I`m glad to hear that you and your family are coming to grips with it.My daughter,who is a few years younger than yours simply refers to it as "War Stuff".God bless,Doc.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Hal -
Yup, God Bless!

And, wasn't that "Loose Strap Means Flabby Tit"?, or did I just imagine it... (sorry ladies, could not resist a high school joke :-)

Well, I like LS and WAR STUFF, now that they are mentioned... PTSD does sound an awful lot like STD, and having two grownup daughters and a handful of ex-wives (probably because I would not lay off high school jokes) I can see how PMS might strike the right chord for the female of our species...

So long as it never becomes BFD, we're probably okay.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Let's stop.

My finger's tired.