The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2003, 10:33 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Bad Bush, Bad President!

I'm outraged. I can't believe the president would try to distract attention from his domestic problems by attacking a foreign regime based on suspect intelligence. He should be impeached!
Good thing he has the backing of congress. "We believe the president acted correctly and responsibly", said House Minority leader Richard Gephardt and Senate Minority leader Tom Dashle in a joint statement.
Oh wait, that took place in 1998. Oops sorry, they must have been thinking of the pharmaceutical factory in the Sudan and that thing with Monica.
Never mind. I guess it's all about exactly who's ox is getting gorred and not so much about the facts.

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2003, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

ANDY - Ain't politics grand?

VERITAS
Old 07-23-2003, 10:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sky? Falling? What? Hold on a sec and let me consult my Whole Earth Catalog and see what the Gurus have to say about this notion. You?re right though, that ornery scalawag Bush is up to no good and the ?Black Knights? like Gep and Dash are going to save the day and get poor Nel off the RR tracks just in a nick of time. Heroes, that?s what we need is heroes and the dynamic duo is out to fill the bill. I?m just swooning at their daring-do escapades. Goodness!

Scamp
Old 07-31-2003, 07:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

I do not believe that our President is in control of this government's foreign policy. I believe that he steps up manly under the circumstances AS HE HAS BEEN LED TO THINK THEY EXIST. I also believe that he has very little understanding of the ways in which his confidence has been abused.

To begin finding out for yourself, look at the website for the American Enterprise Institute, and read (no need to worry about anything between-the-lines) what their fellows and supporters have been saying during the past ten or more years. Compare then the words and names of those authors with the ones who are in the executive branch today, and with what they and our President are saying (watch OUT when they are NOT saying anything!)... and ask yourself, "Did George W. Bush come up with this?"

If Al Gore had won the presidency instead, the scenario would not be all that different today, only the list of policy intellectuals would differ with the timing.