Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Nascar

It's getting close.
Dale jr. has just bought 51% of DEI , The company his dad started and who's engines he has been running , and who his step mother Teresa has had controlling interest in.
None of this makes a hill of beans to a non Nascar follower, but is significant to a jr follower.
Daytona week is almost hear.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2007, 06:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Last I read, he ASKED for that. He and Teresa hate each other. Can't believe she gave in.

Colon

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Packo: Nope Teresa hasn't given Jr. any such deal. For her to do that would be like Hendricks giving Jeff Gordon 51% of Hendricks Motorsports never going to happen. Teresa has a Daughter Taylor and she will want to leave her Daughter a legacy of her Daddy too! For Junior to want 51% of his daddys company is Unfair to Kerry and Kelly ,Dales other children from previous marriages, not to forget Taylor too.
Junior Johnson told 3 time Champ Daryll Waltrip something I will never forget when Daryll asked for more money because Hendicks offerd him more money. Junior just said "If I was you I would go drive for Hendricks".If I was DEI I would tell Jr. that same speach.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:37 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

JD
I have no Idea why you would think I would just make shit like that up, but it was releast yesterday on Fox news/sports that jr has 51% of DEI. hears a little Cut-n-paste of it.

Ron

Some took Earnhardt to task for what they saw as a double standard: He wanted to run the team his father founded, but also said he "didn't want the headaches of being a Cup owner" -- exactly what he'd become with a 51 percent stake in DEI -- when asked about taking his JR Motorsports Busch team up to NASCAR's premier level. But no one could argue that DEI's entire stature in the sport was embodied by one man in a red driving suit.
Give Junior what he wants, they clamored. Granted, majority ownership seemed a little much for a driver whose ownership experience was limited to one promising but unproven Busch team. But the general consensus in grandstands and media centers across the circuit was that he deserved some stake in his dad's company. That maybe one day he ought to be running the thing. That regardless of popularity or souvenir sales or commercial viability, eventually handing DEI down from father to son was just the right thing to do.

End C-N-P

Ron
Old 02-10-2007, 05:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

Just looked on nascar.com. Jr has ASKED for 51% ownership but they are still negotiating. If Fox says it's a done deal, they've jumped the gun. Teresa has not agreed to this as of yet.

Colon

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Pac
Sometimes Nascar puts stuff on there site that is a few days old or just doesn't update. jr made the deal on Feb 9th. What is the date of the report on NASCARs site?
On the other hand, I don't like jr, or Gordon , or Tony, or Chevy's or Bud. So What I'm saying , I guess, I could care less.
Go Jack Roush.

Ron
Old 02-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Don't really give a rats petootee 'bout who owns what share of a team. I't's tough to beat a team that has 5 or more team cars on the track with a limited field of 43 cars. Especially when the owner preaches "TEAM." Just want the green flag to drop and hope this year is as good as last. Gonna be tough to get much better but the old guy in #6 retired so I have to watch a realitively new guy in #41 get his act together. Reed lives 'bout eight miles from here so I'm rooting for the kid. He won in everything that he ran up to NASCAR and there ain't many reasons that he can't win there 'cept inexpierience.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Stick
The old guy in the 6 didn't retire. He's driving the 01 car. for a different team owner. ARMY
Ron

ps
CHEVY
Old 02-10-2007, 07:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

GO TOYOTA!!!!
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Boogidee, Boogidee, BOOGIDEE. Let's go racing all you sicko's.
Green Flag drops tonight on the Shoot out at that roundy round that they had to put in to git them "Stock Cars" offa the beach cause them girls in them bikinis shook everything when the cars went by years ago.

Ron figurrs you'ld ah corrected me. After I got into this thread I left the site and went to NASCAR dot com tah check in an get filled in. The onliest thing I ain't gonna like this year is them furrin things bein on the tracks wiff real American Pig Iron. Think about it now, Kia Motorsports? Rolls Racing? Citreon with a restrictor plate? Peugeot pit? Toyota Racing????? "Ain't fittin, just ain't fittin."

I knows Tony Stewart's #20 has had a sight installed fur anythin tain't made here an don't think they'll penalize him too much fur doin what cums natcherly fur him.