The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2005, 12:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

Ditto, done. I also have the thoughts to c.c. a letter to the Israeli and U.S. government officials. Sound good? The worst thing that could happen is that they take my birthday away.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default To all

Pardon my senior moment, but I also meant to suggest that we ask all on our respective addressee lists to do the same. The more pressure, applied within a realtively short time, will have a positive effect. "Battery 6, fire for effect!"

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Thanks for all of the great input in support of my shipmates. This crew should have been used as a standard for damage control and saving one's shipmates and ship. These guys stood tall under tremendous odds and an overpowering assault by Israeli planes and torpedo boats. The Captain stood amid horrendous, withering machinegun and cannon fire with people being killed and mamed all around him and wounded himself, his crew did everything by the book, and the USS LIBERTY sailed away under it's own power. These men have been my heroes since June 8, 1967, they are some of the best this country has to offer, and in return, treated like dirt and with no respect!

I would appreciate anything you all can do, to further educate the citizens of the USA and the world. My shipmates deserve so much more for their efforts. The families of those killed were essentially left in the dark and their sons,husbands, fathers or siblings were just written off and each letter or award for them had to be OK'd by Israel before sending the letter or presenting the award.

A long time ago I made a promise to myself that I would do everything possible to make this right, but I believe I'm not going to have enough time, so every person that continues on with this mission, has my very deepest gratitude!

Stan White (Survivor of the attack on the USS LIBERTY)
Old 01-13-2005, 05:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jmeadors

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Chief Thanks for all of the great input in support of my shipmates.
Let me take a minute to echo Stan's comments regarding our reception here in the Patriot Files.

A warm welcome for USS Liberty survivors in an on-line forum is the exception rather than the norm.

For those who would like to write their Congressional Delegation, etc. a free program that I have used in the past is GovernMail which can be found at <http://www.governmail.com/>.

There is no cost for the program but it does have sponsors banners displayed. What with all the interest in Internet security that may be a concern to some.

For those who don't know, Stan is one of the Founding Fathers of the USS Liberty Veterans Association. Without him and the other co-founder Jim Ennes (author, Assault on the Liberty) I doubt we would be in the position we are today. We owe a tremendous debt to both Stan and Jim.

Joe Meadors
USS Liberty Survivor
\"I don\'t have any claims against them. I don\'t want any compensation from them or anything. If they want they can look me up. And they best not deal with lies and deception since it won\'t help. It\'s best they tell the truth.\" Lead Attacking Pilot Yiftah Spector, Jerusalem Post June 3, 2004
Old 01-13-2005, 07:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You are more than welcome here. I just wish the military was half as loyal to their men.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default ditto-ditto 1Cav.....

...on both counts.

Plus, wish Administration Leaders and Congress and/or all politicians were: "Half as loyal to their men",...ALSO!!!

Neil