The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2002, 09:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Developing A Long Memory

?DEVELOPING A LONG MEMORY?

World cooperation in fighting terrorism is waning faster than a belch in a blizzard! Granted, for a short period after 9/11, the entire planet was up in arms, not wanting to risk the ire and support ($$$$) of the United States, or the possibility that they too might become a terrorist target! But as it is in most things, world camaraderie quickly evaporated into just so much tepid gas when put to the test of time! After all, is this not (unfortunately) a time of instant gratification and me-ism? Most people want things fast and for free, and no war has ever been waged without a tremendous cost to both sides!

And what, pray tell, is a government, if not the people themselves? And if the people of various nations decline to go along with their government?s decision to exact righteous retribution against terrorism, then that crusade, be it just and essential, oft-time fails - except here in the United States of course, where even presidents have been known to over-ride the will of the majority and congress alike!

Do we need to obliterate terrorism, just as we did piracy in Tripoli (North Africa) two centuries ago- ?HELL YES!!? But did a fledgling United States seek the assistance and permission of the world to accomplish this feat- ?HELL NO!!? Likewise, if the world is now too weak-kneed to defend it?s own interest as concerns terrorism, then why should the United States beg for permission from that same timid world to protect our own sacred mandates, shores and people?

So what is it that is steering our planet toward the blind acceptance of ?Internationally
Spawned Atrocity? - is it timidity, cowardess, fear, or financial agenda perhaps? With England, Germany and a plethora of other (so-called) friends and allies bowing low before the banner of the (odious) United Nations, and in the process, becoming good (and obedient) little ?New World Orderites? under an organization (UN) that can?t even take a dump without someone else handling the (toilet) paper finale, are we really willing to risk our a$$es for the sake of said UN, or to blindly follow their lead and commands, even
when our own survival may be at stake?

How many times in the past has the United States come to the rescue of sinking (foreign) ships of state? ?HOW SOON THEY FORGET!!? And with nations like Germany, France, Egypt, and Great Britain etc., expressing open opposition to another attack against Iraq, a task that should have been completed the first time, President Bush has made it clear that, if needs must, we will go it alone! ?In this respect, I agree with ?Numero Uno? (Bush)!?

The President is well aware of the fact that this conflict could turn sour in a heartbeat. Of course we can blow the nuts off of Hussein and his little sand-box with little difficulty, but if the ?Beast of Baghdad? uses his ?Poor Man?s A-Bombs? (ie: Chemical, and biological weaponry), the cost in the region could run high! So again I say, George the First Screwed-up badly in ?91 by not ripping out Hussein?s lungs, but alas, hindsight prevails no where else but in the laments of history!

So when this latest episode of ?As The Middle East Churns? slides into the pages of world history, and we again emerge the victor, I at least hope that we remember the ?Betrayal of Inactivity? that oozed forth from many of our allies (UN INCLUDED) this time around! I further trust that we will remember the refusals of certain nations to supply
information on a terrorist that is now under lock and key, or the ongoing opposition to our
preventive actions in the Gulf today!

Do these (so-called) allies really believe that by hiding under a rock, they can escape damage and still emerge to enjoy the fruits of victory against terrorism, much like the USSR did when they joined the ?War Against Japan? at the very last moment in the mid ?40s?

Now I am not saying that I totally agree with President Bush?s political/financial motives for his (already made) decision to stick it to Iraq! What I am saying is that, should this come to pass, it then ceases to become a Presidential decision alone (one undertaken without Congressional approval I might add), but rather becomes a team effort. And if the majority does not agree with the President?s combined actions, re-election time isn?t all that far off - is it?

?NO-ONE?, however, can (or should) disagree with the guts and sacrifices that will be required and made by our military personnel in the field. And these ?Courageous Young Americans? will have earned and deserve every ounce of support and respect that we can muster for them!!

The only questions remaining, after the last shell has been fired off in anger, will be:

1 - ?Will our government and VA honor it?s mandate toward our returning veterans with actions and not just hollow words and idle promises as usual??

2 - ?Will the Powers That Be see to it that these brave young American men and women are treated fairly and with the TLC that they paid for with their blood, sweat and tears!?

As far as our (so called) allies, at least one of whom is presently threatening to hold back
evidence that could convict a known terrorist, maybe we should say - ?TO HELL WITH THEM TOO?, the very next time that their a$$es are caught in a wringer!

VERITAS
:cd: :cd:
Old 09-01-2002, 11:05 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb reply

Regarding the questions you ask let me tell a story. Once I was out of Vietnam and out of the service (all on the same day) I eventually made my way home. Very shortly thereafter dear old Dad put me in his car and said we were driving to the VA so I could make a claim. Had some iron in my legs and right hip that didn't belong there and damage that could not be repaired to my left eye but it was minor - no big deal, and I told him so.

After I had complain for a few minutes my Dad said, "During a war the enemy is the other guy's government. When the war is over the enemy is our own government. Make the claim, get something in writting and someday you'll be happy you did."

Dad was a WWII vet who 25 year after his discharge was begining to feel the effects of war. By 1970 my grandfather, a WWI vet, was feeling the effects of having been gases (just a little) in WWI. Both of them left the service thinking, this is minor, I'm not going to complain about the small stuff.

My advice would be that each vet of a future war not be discharged or even welcomed home until he/she received a one hour block of instruction from a DAV rep. Just can't see the government changing it's long held idea that if troops don't complain, there is no problem. And right after fighting a war most of us have that John Wayne attitude, saying, It's just a nick.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 02:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

A splendid advise Andy and the best to you from a former Bay Stater !!!!