The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2020, 10:03 AM

Talking Stephen Colbert Booed for Brutal Takedown of Bloomberg’s Debate Performance

Stephen Colbert Booed for Brutal Takedown of Bloomberg’s Debate Performance
BY: Matt Wilstein - Daily Beast - 02-26-20
Re: https://www.thedailybeast.com/stephe...te-performance

“All of Bloomberg’s voters are here tonight I think,” the “Late Show” host remarked after his crowd jeered loudly at a joke about the candidate.

Ya gotta watch his video link: https://youtu.be/thkTcGi9dBM

Stephen Colbert began his live coverage of the Democratic debate that took place in his hometown of Charleston, South Carolina, Tuesday night by noting just how much of a trainwreck it was.

“These folks said a lot of words, and I did not hear many of them,” the Late Show host remarked. “Because these candidates were speaking all over each other.”

Colbert had jokes about all seven of the remaining contenders, but his harshest material was reserved for former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg—especially his failure to give a sufficient answer on his controversial use of the stop-and-frisk policy.

“I’ve met with black leaders to try to get an understanding of how I can better position myself,” Bloomberg said at one point in the debate, to which Colbert replied, “Mr. Mayor, I have a feeling a lot of black leaders want your position to be spread eagle up against a wall.”

Then, in response to Bloomberg pointing out his black supporters in the debate audience, Colbert imitated him by saying, “A lot of them are in the audience tonight, officers—stop them, check their pockets, there’s an endorsement in there someplace, I promise you.”

That line drew loud jeers from the audience at the Ed Sullivan Theater, prompting the host to break from his script. “All of Bloomberg’s voters are here tonight I think,” he said with a smile. But he pressed on, covering Elizabeth Warren’s latest takedown of the mayor’s non-disclosure agreements as well as Bloomberg’s lame attempts to make jokes during the debate.

“Oh, OK, now I understand why he asks people to sign an NDA after he tells a joke,” Colbert said. “No one wants to remember that.”

As for Bloomberg’s odd Naked Cowboy joke, the host added, “Now, for those of you who don’t live in New York City, there’s this crazy man who wanders around the city and will not leave people alone. And that man’s name is Mike Bloomberg.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy is nuts - I laughed a few time(s). Talk about bloopers WOW!!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links