The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Vietnam Veteran's Film Wins Two Oscars!!

Congratulations, Al Gore, for winning two Oscars on your important movie.

And Youre a Vietnam Veteran too--thanks for your service, Al, no matter what the Right Wing Liars say about you. They don't have the talent on their side to do something like this.

Stay good
James
Old 02-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Although, he only served a 10 month tour, I don't believe that was his doing , he was there at the end of VN war and got an early release. He did his time in VN as a reporter for some Eng unit, Nothing wrong with his service at all. Vietnam Vet, he is.

IMO
His film is stupid and hollywood is even more stupid for giving an award for it.
If he wasn't a famous person he might even be on the patriot files site. He most likely would catch hell on the politics site from some republicans, but not on the VN site.

Ron
Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I haven't seen the film.

We do know that there is a slight global warming taking place. However, when the scientific community is surveyed they can't agree as to why. I certainly believe that man has contributed to global warming to some degree but on the the other hand we know that the earth has been warmer in the near past than it is today. 2,000 years ago we know that the earth as a whole was much warmer than even today. Greenland was indeed green with the land being available for agriculture as far inland as 30 - 40 miles. Science also knows that minor tilts in the spin can increase and decrease the tempture of the earth. So the real question is, Just how much of this warming is man caused and how much is a natural trend. I have no idea and many scientists feel the same way. The rising of the earth's oceans is so gradual, maybe an inch a year that it will take years for costal flood to take place and hopefully within the next hundred years we'll make the adjustments. I do believe we as humans should do better at taking care of the earth. I am not so certain that the claims of the film are totally accurate, though I'm sure making us think and do better about taking care of our enviroment is good.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote