The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2004, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Good Luck

tdeane,

Keep us updated and good luck. A PFC at 33. Now that's committment.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2004, 04:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up DOC

Hope this works out for you. Thank you for your commitment to serving our country.

And as a returning vet, remember what you learned the first time: NEVER VOLUNTEER! .
Old 03-25-2004, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

My dad , A WWII vet grunt , told me a thousand times growing up . " Never stand when you can sit , never sit if you can lay down and never laydown if you can sleep. And never volunteer. Thanks again . KEEP MOVIN !!
Old 03-25-2004, 06:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tdeane

Mortardude...

I decided on reenlisting after seeing the news and seeing young troops either wounded or worse and I thought to myself, I'm a combat experienced combat medic and I'm just sitting here. My thinking is maybe if there is another medic on site then maybe that would/could help in some way, shape or form.

I just didnt feel like I was doing enough and I'm still young enough to help, and to once again serve my Country and to protect the freedoms of my wife and three children and the remainder of my friends and family is something I want to do.

Whats that saying? Once Army, always Army? Well, the HARDEST thing is to be a medic and not do a damn thing, especially when you've been through it before.

This is not about accolades and/or high praises from anyone or another medal on a chestboard - this is about duty and doing what is right and following a path that God has called me to return to.

The reason I signed up for MP school is because talking to Sr. NCO's I was informed that the number of MP units will increase around the sandbox. Well, if going through MP school gets me down range quicker to serve as a medic then let's do it.

Sorry this is long and drawn out...BUT, have you ever felt so sure about a decision knowing it was and is the best decision you've made?

Psalms 27:1 also lays it all out for me. It's His guidance and His Will.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:08 PM

Quote:
This is not about accolades and/or high praises from anyone or another medal on a chestboard - this is about duty and doing what is right and following a path that God has called me to return to.
Doc,
You don't need to justify it. We all know you are following a calling that can't be ignored. We are proud of you and your convictions.

Your's is a noble cause.

Just stay safe little brother.

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan