The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Army

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2004, 12:08 PM

Angry Army Atrocity

Army Atrocity

A Tennessee man who has been sending medallions to the surviving relatives of servicemen and women and police officers who die in the line of duty says the U.S. Army has told him it can no longer help him because the mementos have Bible verses on them, reports WBIR-TV.

Bob Parker?s ?Fallen Friends? organization has been sending out the medals, which feature a Liberty Bell on one side and a verse from John about self-sacrifice on the reverse, since 1996. The Army recently informed him, however, that because of the religious reference it would no longer be able to supply him with names and ranks of the fallen.

Parker says that the Army, which did not confirm the gist of the story, has returned the last 16 medals he attempted to distribute.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links