The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2004, 06:15 AM

Default Anyone catching the 911 hearings?

You all know I'm sortof laid back and don't let too many things get under my skin. But I've been watching and listening to the hearing on 9.11.

I've been pretty impressed so far listening to the staffers being called up and having to report on all the issues leading up to 9.11.

Government is like big business - too big. It has too many Chiefs and not enough Indian's.

It's so bulky that it can't function. It' s got too many closets and too much red tape.

Decision maker's are either too radical or too weak in their positions. No one really takes the lead and directs the traffic.

They are not team player's but want everyone else to play like one.

The panel is hitting all the buttons and getting frustrated when they know they are all part of or were part of the same system. How they must recommend a fix this and do it without infringing upon our freedom's - this will be the real trick.

Appropriations are mismanaged and we are paying the bills. The Social Security issues are also appalling. We pay huge amounts of money to our schools - we got talked into these gambling boats that were suppose to help improve our schools and at the same time lower our taxes - Yea Right!.

The poor are getting poorer and "the rich" well we know about them.

I don't know what the fix is but I do know it can't continue like its been going. Now we are pals with O'Mar Kadafi and I just get sick thinking about it.

Issues are everywhere and the system is so large it can't be readily be fixed or function. What a mess!!!

It's sad to say but I think Bush's team has got to take the stand and explain what they've been doing before 9.11 - other than getting retrobution for his Dad's earlier misgivings.

The terrorist issue is here to stay and its us American's (like the average Joe) who will have to clean up their mess. The trouble is the incoming and outgoing governmental policy makers all went to the same school. Congress takes too long to do anything and they can't agree because of the special interest groups who are padding their pockets.

I think about all the former Suiperpower's who've suffered the Rise and Fall scenario's - I just hope the US isn't close to that just yet.

The sickness is within and works its way out causing all kinds of grief in the process. Mintue men may be needed again to take things back under control in order to keep the ship from capsizing.

Any input - Oh - I bet there's a lot of that but fixing the problems is the real chore.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2004, 07:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Boats, you are exactly right!

We have created a bureaucratic mess! In many ways I don't see how we can blame either the Clinton or Bush administration for the slip ups during 9 - 11. Lots of human mistakes. We could fire half of the bureaucrats in Washington and still have a government that is too big. Too many chiefs and not enough Workers is exactly correct. Congress needs to do something about it.

Keith
Old 03-25-2004, 12:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

I felt that Secretaries Rumsfeld and Powell did themselves, the President and us all proud in their responses... it was reassuring.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:24 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I am disturbed that there is a certain lady not willing to do it in public. It is my right to hear it.

But with blame....there is a group of people responsible...not Bush nor Clinton or even the CIA or FBI. It is those terrorist b@stards who flew those planes into the buildings. The ones who planned and financed it. There may have been hints and failure in some intelligence but I don't think anything short of stopping normal life...stopping planes would of stopped those murders!
Instead of spreading blame around like butter lets learn from it...try our best to prevent such things.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

yes
Old 03-25-2004, 04:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down BLAME

KEITH SAID:
Quote:
In many ways I don't see how we can blame either the Clinton or Bush administrations for the slip ups during 9-11.
I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to see this turn into a mud slinging, finger pointing, they didn't do this - they didn't do that campaign for the next 7-8mos.. Both parties need to acknowledge their mistakes and move on. And that moving on should be both sides working together to make sure that this doesn't happen again. Learn from the mistakes, compare notes, share info, and get more serious about the security of our country and it's citizens. One of THE top priorities of our government should be the protection of our citizens.

GET PAST IT!!
Old 03-25-2004, 04:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Yes Frisco, yes.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Yes Sir !! It's just these other guys in the platoon. What you said Tom
Old 03-25-2004, 05:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default FRIENDS...

Melody was right on target,...which unfortunately ruler wannabes will never admit in a million years. There's just too much to be gained by succesfully blaming the mean old and Baby and Old Folks starving Republicans,...for even: "9/11". Such usually dupes many and works well for The Power & Control Hungry.

It doesn't matter that it's just not true. Or, that only fanatical killers, murderers and/or terrorists, much like The Imperial Japanese of The Thirties and Forties, Sneak Attacked America on: "9/11", and killed thousands of Americans.

Blaming the REAL killers doesn't get money hungry people one thin dime, nor even one lousy vote.

Neil
Old 03-25-2004, 08:27 PM

Default Let's blame Carter

I heard we had some pretty sophisticated intelligence some years back and that Carter did away with a lot of it.

Let's blame Carter