The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2003, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Wishing Upon A Star?

More than a few international leaders have proven to be more movie star than effective managers! Image apparently plays more of a part in some political ideologies, than does ability, intent and genuine (not contrived) results!

When, however, you get an individual who is so wrapped up in him (or her) self, either in the media, international politics or the private sector, that they think that their vested decree alone is going to change or control world affairs, well, then what you have is either a demigod or a wannabe wizard who is ?Forever Wishing Upon A Star!?

And as for ?Warrior Kings?, they too often fade in luster, shortly after the smoke of battle has cleared! ?Do we not wage war to remain free, and not for the sake of war alone!??

?Several splendid examples of this analogy can be found in history books!? Among these are Pope Julius II, who personally led the Vatican Armies on many a bloody foray! And then there was Alexander the Great (no introduction needed), King Richard of England (Crusader Fame), the Romans, the Greeks and even the ancient Egyptians! History is replete with famous leaders who gained and maintained power (right or wrong) at the point of a sword!

The old saying about ?The Best Laid Plans Of Mice And Men? certainly comes into play! Even when one considers the occasional actions of a few American Presidents, nobly intended though they may be! ?After all, even Presidents are but human, even if one or two (at times) may (?) have considered themselves entrenched upon Olympus!?

?Let?s take old James Monroe (Fifth President) as but one example!?

This man, who espoused what became known as the ?Monroe Doctrine?, clearly believed that European Influence and Intrigues had no place upon the American Continent! Would he not have rolled over in his grave, had he witnessed the "Russian Missiles" that were (temporarily?) set up in Cuba, or the "Communism" that once infiltrated a few American minds, or the "Foreign Generated Terrorism" that now threatens American lives, liberty and property?!

And for the record, the ?Nation of Liberia?, who?s capitol was named after this very same President Monroe (Monrovia), and was supposed to be a safe haven for former slaves, is now also in the throws of ?YET ANOTHER? civil upheaval! ?Yesterday alone, 200 more people were butchered in violence within that country who?s name is Liberty!?

The same, in my opinion, holds (at least partially) true as concerns the Middle East! Are we not attempting to turn a sow?s ear into a silk purse, and were it not for the vast oil wealth of this region, would we be as eager to plunge in? (JUST A QUESTION)

Granted again, we had more than ample justification to ?Whip Hussein?s Ass!? But blitzing over an enemy?s turf in a sprint-like fashion, only to get bogged down in internally (violent) politics (infinitum), or as a launching area from which to advance upon Iraq?s equally odious neighborhoods, is a plan not well thought out (opinion)?

We got wrapped-up in this kind of thing before you know - Vietnam and Somalia being two examples! Granted, we have usually won our wars, though (unfortunately) rarely the peace. ?Just look at Germany and Japan for examples!!?

?Now don?t get me wrong!? I, like most of you will back our country to the limits of my abilities! But nowhere is it written (not yet anyway) that we have to ?Totally? agree with ?ALL? of the agendas of any given political faction! ?That is what freedom of speech and open elections are all about, after all!?

It is our right, as well as our duty, to speak out against atrocity (foreign or domestic), to champion what we perceive to be right and just, and to challenge, within the laws of ?OUR? land of course, that which we see as morally, legally and ethically wrong! ?This is done every day upon this and other free forums, is it not!?

If current world leaders, including the UN and NATO, proclaim otherwise, then I invite them to partake of words that emanated from men far wiser and more courageous that they will ever be, or hope to be!
------------------------------------------------
Thomas Jefferson said - ?I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical!?

Abraham Lincoln said- ?This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it!?
------------------------------------------------
Now if it sounds like I overly utilize these words - ?You are absolutely correct!!? And until the day that Jefferson and Lincoln, (and their magnificent words) are declared persona non grata within ?OUR NATION?, I will continue to point them out!

"Absolute Love of Country" is not the same as "Blind Acceptance of the Politically Correct!" Nor should any "Internationally Vested Ideology or Agenda", take precedence over that which our Forefathers fought, bled and died to perpetuate!

If it adversely affects our people (or our ?TRUE? allies), or if it violates our Constitution, or damages our moral and legal sense of values, then I say ?SCREW IT!?

?When our nation is at conflict, it becomes our duty to defend it!? When, however, any honorable citizen disagrees with the path of the Powers That Be, it again becomes his (or her) duty to let his voice be heard!

?In a democracy, silence is not golden, and freedom is never free!!?

?THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, WHAT ARE YOURS!??

VERITAS :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: