The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2004, 09:25 AM

Default Son out of basic and now out of AIT

My son left for Korea Sunday, 3/16/2004. All I could say was, "It beats the hell out of Iraq and Afgahanastan. Just hope I can get the AKO thing to work so I can email him frequently. He has two young children and a stupid wife that thinks she has a sugar daddy. After all she has a check, medical and doesn't have to work. What a life. But I try to stay clear so I don't make him hostile toward his USN retired father.
God Bless Our Troops.
theemperor
Old 03-18-2004, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Willie let him know how much we appreciate his service to this country.

Thank you and Welcome Home,

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Tell him to stay safe and that a bunch of us are thinking of him!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-18-2004, 12:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Willie

Salute to your son and his family and salute to you and yours.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:25 PM

Willie,

WATCH YOUR 6 AFTER THAT POST !!!!!!

Good luck to your son and the ( better be ) proud DAD.

enough.........
Old 03-18-2004, 04:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

God bless Willie... Godspeed all home soon and safe...

Hell, HE chose that wife, so that was HIS choice and he could be right after all (in light of the fact that I myself have made such "wise" wife choices along the way
Old 03-18-2004, 06:37 PM

Your right Blue about his wife choice. I was kinda hopeing when I raised him, he would make better choices than his father. I reckon a bunch of military folks made some stupid choices during their younger years. San Miguel and Tequila and Mr Jim Beam was my party down fall. Always seemed to fall in love after several. But I did get divorced after those weekend love affairs for several years. THEN I thought I found the keeper.
The boy has changed into a man. I have tried to explain about life and choices all his life. Just hope the choice of talking to the man upstairs is still in the punkin of his.
Thanks to all for your support. Trust me nothing makes the heart beat harder than to see that boy or man salute his superior and mean it.

God Bless and God be with all our youngsters when they step off into that unknown part of life no ones can explain.
willie
Old 03-19-2004, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Willie the two most precious word in the english language are Grandma and Grandpa. You're the proud papa of a son that gave you that title but you're going to have to rely on his wife to see those kids for now and she's the one that he chose to make them their momma.
Eph' 5, 31 "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh."
BTW I've had some real stupid Son-in-laws too but they've all left now. Thank God.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

What Stick said...

And, I've got four grown ones, two of each type... only one (#1) of which is about to get married fairly late in her life for the first time, and one (#3) about to do so after a really really really long engagement. #2 is so picky she may never do it. #4 is sampling the wares heavily in Santa Cruz, so I hope there are no "accidents".

I tried for about a year to talk to my sons about service, even one stint in a branch of their choice. They would hear absolutely none of it, and actually have such a low opinion of the services that I am quite embarassed about it, honestly. I do not know where they got that, but it's there.

One boy seems genuinely philosophically against warfare, and the other is maybe just too lazy or anti-authority (in which case best does NOT enter )... but when I spoke of medics and all the other jobs available, that did not seem to change their minds much, if at all. The concept of doing it just to help out your nation did not phase 'em either.

I envy the opportunity you have with your son Willie, and praise you both.