Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2019, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question A New Norm

6-1-2019

[Opinions]

So much modern technology - ain’t it wonderful, but is it really? As a matter of fact, the “Information Era” could more accurately be described (at times) as “The Age of Brain Washing!” And if you doubt this analogy, then let me turn your attention to “The Television for a moment!”

Among the very first things that many of us do every morning is to turn on the tube, and this, so as to keep us informed about what took place while we resided in the arms of Morpheus (slept)! And after all, what is being pumped into our sagging brains in the early A.M. Hours just has to be true and factual, Does It Not? I mean, after all, honesty, especially within the media, is a given – Is It Not? “Or could it possibly be that what we are being told is not always the truth, be it by chance or actual design?”

This is not to say, of course, that we are being purposely or willfully misled, although it is my firm opinion, that a goodly portion of what we are spoon fed is actually Pure Tripe and media garbage that is being motivated by greed (or just good business if you prefer)?

Actually, lying has been honed to a near art, especially within big business and politics, where a few of the denizens wouldn’t know the truth if it jumped-up and bit them squarely on the backside!?

And worst yet, the liar is usually the first one to become indignant and pretend to be insulted when caught in the act, are they not? Which means that some professional politicians must walk around in a perpetual state of being ticked-off - “Don’t You Think?”

Hardcore
Old 06-01-2019, 09:48 AM

My saggy brain - still likes to watch Bugs Bunny - Sylvester & Road Runner.
TV today is Reruns of everything. I watched Kick Boxing last night for something different.
My wife watches NCIS often.
Other than that what we get is several channels of people selling all kinds of shit.
Regular TV (not cable) is also got so much BS on their channels its sickening.
As far as the news I may listen to it once or twice a day. But is as bad as reruns same BS everyday.

I play the radio in the garage - no news just music. And if I'm not doing that I'm cutting the grass.

My Nitro is in the shop oil change - brake job. Find out they can't break the bolts loose on the tires so they got to do something else to get them out. Won't get it back until Monday or Tuesday. Kathleen's car is still plated and insured even though she doesn't drive anymore. So Monday I'm taking her in for a Lung Test - hope all goes well. Poor kid has so many things going wrong she is having a tough time living through it. As I've state she has no cure for idiopathic neuropathy and its progressing and effecting her entire body.

If it ain't one thing its another. Anyway Kath puts on the TV for background noise otherwise she gets more focused on whats wrong with her and her issues. It's like a diversion I would guess.

Gotta run

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote