The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The Field Artillery Medal of Honor Monument

Well folks I have jumped into a firefight again. Many things have happened concerning the Medal of Honor in the last few days that have made me decide to move my ass and do something about it. As some of you know my cousin Maj William (Bill) E. Adams, FA was A Post-Humous MOH recipient. Many years ago (1977) A flight simulator training facility was dedicated in his name at Ft. Sill. At the post HQ building there was a cast bronze plaque with all of the artillery MOH recipients names on it. As the date for the training center dedication drew near and as I was a relative and a FA officer I was coordinating events with the family and Ft. Sill. It so happened that for some reason Bills name had not been put on the plaque. To make a long story longer I had a major run in with the post museum and they took down the existing plaques and replaced them with a real cheezy replacement consisting of burned and varnished plywood with a 3x5 brass plate with the name engraved on it.

This has bothered me ever since.

In the last 2 days I have been in touch with the Ft Sill Museum, The Medal of Honor Society the Internal revenue service and several other people and have established a non_ profit (501C3) organization to solicit contributions in order to build a fitting monument/memorial to all Field Artillery Medal of Honor recipients. It is anticipated that the memorial will be at Ft. Sill and will become a part of the Ft. Sill museum. Wish me luck on this as I will need it.

The official name of the Organization is "The Field Artillery Medal of Honor Monument Organization" It has a registered web site FAMOHMONUMENT.org, .net, .com and .info none of which are active having just been established.
Sponsored Links