The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default John Edwards wife's cancer

No one should make light of anyones cancer , but John is using her cancer for sympathy votes.
His wife has a form of cancer that is not curable but treatable. This cancer is treated with chemotherapy and medication. The chemotherapy is a different kind of chemotherapy , the kind that doesn't make your hair fall out, and the medications are good for a period of time and when your body gets used to the drugs they no longer work, Luckily , for the patients there are a bunch of other drugs to take the place of the one that just failed.

There is no cure for this kind of cancer so the Edwards claim that the cancer had returned, although is factual, it also had never left. Her medication was not working and they had to switch meds.

Geraldine Ferraro has the same type of cancer.
The cancer , multiple myeloma.
Around 1991 or so Geraldine Ferraro came out publicly and said she had the cancer in an effort to get more cancer research money, and it worked, There are many drugs that suppress the cancer now, Still no cure, but people can live a normal life when they switch drugs as they become ineffective, and new drugs are being developed to make the drug list longer.

John edwards using his wifes sickness is not right.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2007, 03:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sorry Ron

But your dead WRONG on this one.

His wifes appointment and subsequent diagnosis would have gotten to the media in some form or fashion anyway you cut it.

I personally watched their news conference they called to go public with the information that may have been misreported or misinformed by the media had they NOT gone public like they did.

Anyone who watched that news conference and saw how honest, forthright and courageous they were could only come away with nothing but respect for the way they handled it.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Gimp
Just what is it I am wrong about?

She has cancer, The cancer is not curable so she still has cancer whenever she goes to the doctor. What then?

They know the type of cancer she has and the fact that it is not curable and that meds control it, so where is the point?

Maybe read the whole post?

Ron
Old 03-24-2007, 08:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: John Edwards wife's cancer

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g No one should make light of anyones cancer , but John is using her cancer for sympathy votes.

John edwards using his wifes sickness is not right.

Ron

The parts highlighted in RED are where you're wrong Ron. Not the parts about where you were describibg her illness.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 03-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ok
They know she has cancer, they know it's not curable, they know that drugs are only good for awhile and then there is a flair up and a switch to other drugs, The cancer doesn't go away , and then they tell the public that her cancer has come back and John rushes off to be with her. Thats kind of dramatic if you know all this stuff to begin with. The reason is, he wants sympathy votes. and thats not right. Using someones illness, especially a loved one is a well thought out 'Trial Lawyer' act. His next step will most likely be bringing her from a hospital to the car in a wheel chair. Photographers just happen to be standing by.

Ron
Old 03-25-2007, 09:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I give up, sorry you believe the worst in everyone Ron.

Your perspective and outlook on peoples 'motives' is NOT something most folks would adhere to.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thats fine, You can also believe what ever you wish.

I won $5.00 from my wife a few days ago, when those two black girls claimed they were kidnapped. Black girls would never lie.

Trial lawyers would never think of such a thing to help there campaign.

And it never rains in southern Cal.

People buy one get one free every day.

Not me.

I got some land for sale if you would like. 20 acres, for $50.

Ron

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

"No one should make light of anyones cancer , but John is using her cancer for sympathy votes. "

Yup, thought the same thing myself.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-25-2007, 03:41 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I didn't think he was trying to get sympathy at all.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Mel
If you knew the cancer you might just think he was. Read my first post and make up your mind then.

Ron