The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2018, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry An Exercise In Futility

3-22-2018

“To get something done, or to at least make an attempt at getting something done, you have first got to assume that you are going to be allowed to make that attempt?”

There is an old southern expression about one having to go all the way around their elbows to get to their thumbs. An expression, I might add, that I had considered ludicrous, at least up until that time when I finally came to realize that everyone in these puny little bureaucracies had their own agendas and self-deceiving games, and woe be to they who even attempted to make a real difference in life! And the biggest tragedy of all is when we all come to accept these inequities as perfectly normal, and this without so much as a squeak of righteous indignation!

Several centuries ago, “Our Forefathers” began to flee from “The Old World” for pretty much the same reasons! Unfortunately, some three score and thirteen years ago (like it or not), we began to let our international guard down! In short, we became somewhat complacent, materialistic, self-indulgent, and even arrogant – Mostly Arrogant!

And into this “Post-Eden World” slithered forth yet another asp or two that learned how to utilize our national strengths to their own twisted advantage! Worst yet, when one of our own elected leaders floated the erroneous ideas that, and I partially quote: “It’s alright to be second or third best”, and began to compare “Our Founders to A Bunch of Terrorists”, and this with nary a cry of indignation or protest emanating out of “We the People - Ourselves”, then in my opinion, the biggest back-step had been taken into reversing some 241 years of “American Pride and Accomplishment”, in my opinion! And had you ever even suggested this tragic possibility to “The Greatest Generation”, those would have been fighting words indeed! “Unfortunately, however, that was then, and this is now, and mores the shame!”

Well maybe I am “Old School” or even archaic in my thinking at that, but I still happen to believe in “Our Nation and Her People!” Not the hit and run, politically motivated, neo-Roman thinking fools, to whom self, position, titles and even greed are their only motivations, but rather those “True Patriots” who still harbor a love of country, and the burning desire to leave “Our Nation” just a little better off for the privilege of their having been here!

“United States Citizenship”, is after all, not an open-ended right! It is rather a devout duty and a sacred responsibility. One that was signed, sealed and delivered in the blood, sweat, tears and toil of real, red-blooded and nation-loving, American Patriots – past, present, and future alike!

The only question now is: “Are we up to the ongoing challenge?”

“Heroes, after all, come in all colors, shapes, sizes and creeds! Several things that they all have in common, however, is their love of country, our often illustrious history, and most of all “Our Sacred Freedoms!” (hrt - 22 March 2018)

And most of all, “May God Forever Preserve Our Constitution and Its Illustrious Bill of Rights!”

Hardcore
Old 03-23-2018, 01:44 PM

HC - your last line is very important I hope many read it! History from this point on will tell us if it still stands.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote