The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question A Nation Of Untapped Talent

3-24-2018

How many people that have ever been born can actually say that they spent their entire lives doing what they did best? For that matter, how many can claim that their entire working existence was spent in a profession that they truly enjoyed, and that they did not merely engage in the 9 to 5 drudgery of survival alone?

As such, I can not help but wonder just how much “Untapped Talent” there has been out there? As a matter of fact, I remember it once being said that Hiram Ulysses Grant (Civil War General and United States President - U.S. Grant to you), was really only proficient at two things – War and Marriage. And I am sure that the same can be said about a great many people who, often through no fault of their own, were forced to survive by working in jobs that they despised!

If this is true, and I believe that it is, I guess that this would make us “A Nation of Often Untapped Talent!” And this, in turn, kind of makes me wonder how many inventions, un-penned novels, and how many medical break-breakthroughs etc, went undiscovered and unrealized?

This is not to say, of course, that everyone can be an Einstein, a Tesla, or even a Donald Trump, for that matter? What I am saying (and this definitely merits more than a little thought), is just how much misdirected or undiscovered ability has been lost to mankind and the ages? And with it, how much more could we have advanced and accomplished, had someone (anyone) ever taken the time to recognize this often overlooked, raw and exceptional talent?

“Think About It!”

Hardcore
Old 03-24-2018, 01:59 PM

Arrow

HC

1st paragraph I totally agree - we've all done things we didn't want to do but we who didn't have a rich parent had to make money hopefully doing it legally. When I came home on leave I worked full time on docks in Chicago Harbor unloading raw cow hides loaded with flies and maggots. I stood in a line with the Union Men and when extras were needed for the worse work ever I took that job. I work 10-12 hours unloading box cars full of these hides. If that was done we unloaded 150LB bags of coca beans. Tired you bet. But we got hired each day and paid the same day after our job was done.
I'd run home take a shower get over to my girl-friends house and take her out for a movie and food. Many times I would fall asleep during the movie which wasn't too impressive for my wife to be. Every 18 months I got leave and I'd be back at the docks making a buck.

Kids today know there is an easier way to make money and that's when they get in trouble. They hang around the bad guys so as to make them feel important. School work would go down hill because they were out doing things for other people many times illegally. They are out there today people who take advantage of these younger guys and they end up making a fast buck but could also get killed or arrested and then they are marked for many years.

I grew up around guns I was taught early on how to use them. I think I was 8 years old when I shot my first rifle. I built traps to catch rabbits and I used to build corn forts with a friend in the corn field. At 8 years old I worked a farmer pulling weeds for 50 cents an hour. I had callous's on my hands. My cloths were patched many times and the kids at school would call me Rag's as a nick-name. But we ate good my Dad worked in the General American Tank Car and he'd bring home $72 a week. That was pretty good money.

As far as our current issues I really haven't got a clue how they will begin to get straighten out. As I've said many times they have their own issues and ideas on what's best for us and them and hopefully the country. I don't always agree but it is what it is. We will have to adjust to whatever they think is in our best interest (if that's true) or the Country's.

We like to fall back on the great thinker's of yesterday. How smart and creative they were. Hero's today but in their day I would imagine not everyone fell in line with their decisions. The same applies today. They call shots and we have to live with it. Sure I get angry so do you and Reco but as usual we can only predict what they will do not what they will do. That's the big issue - that puts us all at odds.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote