The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Retired Military

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2013, 05:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Military retirement comes with a letter that says that you can be recalled at any tim

Military retirement comes with a letter that says that you can be recalled at any time. Are any other retirees under the same conscription?

2–10. Retired Soldier categories

Retired Soldiers are identified by categories and will be ordered to AD or mobilized based on Service needs.

a. Category I. Category I retired Soldiers (non-disability retired Soldiers under age 60 who have been retired less than 5 years) may be used to meet all duty assignments stated in paragraph 2–9a through d above.

b. Category II. Category II retired Soldiers (non-disability military retired Soldiers under age 60 who have been retired 5 years or more) will normally be used to meet only those duty assignments stated in paragraph 2–9b through d above. Headquarters, Department of the Army, DCS, G–1 may designate selected category II retired Soldiers for assignment to meet requirements for deploying units. Normally, they will be volunteering by name requests from
ACOMs, ASCC, or DRUs.

c. Category III. Category III retired Soldiers (all military retired Soldiers not in category I or II to include WOs and health care professionals who retire from AD after age 60) may be used to meet duty assignments stated in paragraph 2–9b through d above. Generally, category III personnel should be assigned to civilian jobs, unless they have critical skills or volunteer for specific military jobs. Age or disability alone may not be the sole basis for excluding a retired Soldier from active military Service during mobilization.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r601_10.pdf