The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Other Conflicts > Cold War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2021, 06:52 AM

Unhappy Cold War History - from the 1950's/60's - watch it!

Midwest missiles: Minuteman Launch Control Centers hiding in plain sight
By: Geoffrey Morrison C/Net News 08-07-21
Re: https://www.cnet.com/news/midwest-mi...n-plain-sight/

Throughout the upper Midwest, thousands of Minuteman missiles stood at the ready throughout the Cold War. Here's a look at what remains.

I won't post the whole thread - I will leave that up to you who remember those days and the folks who don't know how close we came to a
situation that is to horrible to even thing about.
-
I was born in the 40's and during the Cold War - I recall in school we had the daily the Duck & Cover drills.
I also recall the Minute Man Missal sites that would pop up in the corn fields and then after a few minutes they would go back down under ground!
Scared the hell of us kids when we were young.
-
We came close to an all out nuclear war then - but fortunately - it didn't happen.
-
Today I'm not sure that we'd have time to take shelter plus I don't think we'd even survive a nuclear exchange with todays waring apparatus.
They are today no doubt 100X or more destructive today then they were then.
-
More than 1,000 Minuteman missiles were installed in shallow launch silos buried throughout the upper Midwest - including Wyoming, Montana,
North and South Dakota, and all the way down to Colorado and Missouri.
-
For Nations to invest in that kind of counter-measures in those days tells you - just how close we came to non-existence.
-
Go to the site above and read it then and watch the video of a tour of a remaining missile base that remains open to visitors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: Mankind is very capable of destroying this world more-so today - then it did back then.
Shelter's won't help - the world will be inflamed and radiation will do the rest.
And yet to this very day - we still build these God awful weapons - that are most likely 10X to 100X
more powerful then those in the 1950's.
-
The mindset of all these countries is to counter the other guy's weapons - by sending ours - in reality - its a joke!
Whether you are hit - or not - the damage will spread around the globe killing everything. I mean everything -
including our water and the air we breath. This is what Human's do nowadays. As well as shoot people - just because!
We (the world) are a sick society of insecure people and nations.
-
Tell me the fix? There is none - they've gone too far - and all these weapons are each Nation's security blanket.
All are highly radioactive and what do you do with them when you scrap them out? You can't neutralize their
potential - even if their not used. To bury them - only means the soil will become contaminated over time -
and then you can't eat food stuffs with radioactive materials in it.
-
Do you see where I'm going with this? They are time bombs - that will over time - let loose their God
awful potential - and in turn kill off the worlds populations all around the globe.
-
Hence - End of Mankind!
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links