The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Homeless Veterans

This is really good and makes you think about just what you can do....

Brave men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States are on guard for peace every moment of every day, from the depths of the oceans and seas to the skies above us. Our nation, and the world, still depends on those brave peacekeepers.

The men and women standing guard for America are relieved by equally diligent others. When they come off duty, they will almost surely have a warm bunk to crawl into, or -- if they choose to remain awake -- hot coffee and friends to share it with. But not everyone who stood guard at the edge of freedom has a warm bunk to crawl into tonight ... not everyone who risked life ... or limb ... or sanity of mind to prevail in battle or secure the peace has a circle of friends to share a cup of coffee with. For all too many veterans, the loneliness of standing outside the perimeter of a normal life has never ended. For them, every night means long dreary hours in the dark enduring the elements as they struggle to be alert to the possible dangers around them. They are America's homeless veterans.

"Just as we don't leave our wounded behind on the battlefield, we must not leave our homeless veterans behind abandoned on the streets of our cities."-

Print this and post at your office water/coffee/break room.

enough........
Old 04-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb

I don't know any vet that wouldn't help another vet, the problem, Ive had these guys come up to me and say he was in VN, He looked in his late 30s that would have made him 2 or 3 when in VN. Ive seen guys with "HOMELESS VN VET" and have a CIB upside down on his shirt. Anyone that has a CIB is not going to put it upside down, There has been many studies on these Homeless people, The study claim that they make 2-3 hundred $ a day. One did a hidden camera and watched as the guy got a hundred dallars before lunch. They gave the money to a VN vets organisation. Hate to say it but most of those guys are not VN vets or even vets they are playing off the feelings of people right now to Vets. If people want to give to VN vets go to a VN vets organization, like purple Heart and give to them.

Ron
Old 04-26-2004, 04:15 PM

Ron,

You are missing my point about the Homeless Vet.

Sure there are hundreds if not thousands out there that say they are, but on the other hand, there are ALOT that really are Vets.

You have the access through the fire dept, just check it out on the net.

enough.....
Old 04-27-2004, 12:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb

Check what out on the webb? I guess I did miss your point.

Ron
Old 04-27-2004, 04:54 AM

FORGOTTEN WARRIORS HOME, INC.

America has forgotten that if is was not for the men and women that have served in our military there would be no America, no freedom, and none of us would be here today.

Yet we have over 275,000 homeless veterans living on the streets today, tonight and tomorrow.

The shelters in America treat individuals like cattle, including our veterans. Forgotten Warriors Home intends to change this and provide a quality care facility for Homeless and Disabled Veterans. This facility will be the model for tomorrow. Visit their web site: www.forgottenwarriorshome.com and spread the word, help these ladies care for our homeless veterans.

or go to google and type in

homelessveterans

That will give alot more sites.

Sorry I forgot to put these on before.

enough.........