The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tribute to a fallen comrade

On this date: 20 November 2003, My Son lost His Company Commander when the Commander's tank ran over an IED in Baquaba, Iraq. 4th ID AO Rest in peace My "brother".
I witnessed the death of a Platoon Leader 1 day , and 34 years earlier. 1LT Roger Bachman
Delta Company 196th, KIA 19 November 1969.

Army Capt. George A. Wood
33, of Marcy, New York.
Wood was on patrol when his tank rolled over an improvised explosive device in Baqubah, Iraq. He was assigned to B Company, 1st Battalion, 67th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 4th Infantry Division (Mech), Fort Hood, Texas. Died on November 20, 2003.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Reat in peace Roger , thank you for your service. Keep movin topp , they are up there laughing at all the dumb stuff we get into , we just got to try our best.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Rest in Peace.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Why?

Why is it that the best men and women that our Country has to offer, always must pay the price for our FREEDOM when the dregs of the same Country never serve in the Military but are allowed to condemn those who do serve with honor?

To all of our fallen men and women, that have kept up our military's tradition of putting our country before their own lives--I salute each and every one of you!! For those dregs of our society who only wish to tear down what our fallen heroes have preserved with their own BLOOD--May all of you some day be foreced to live in a Country that does not respect your rights to tear down the very rights that continue to permit your hatred of our government and freedoms!!

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again wish you a MOST SINCERE and HEART FELT:

WELCOME HOME:

To all the rest of our country's Veterans, I wish you PEACE without the need to defend your service to our Country--TO ANYONE!! BLESS YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

VIETNAM 1968
Old 11-22-2009, 10:16 AM

May both of these men and the many more that remain forgotten by all but family and those that served with them rest in peace.
It is well and proper that we survivors remember and keep alive the sacrifice and dedication of those that fell in battle.
There, but for the Grace of God, go I and many others.
Each of us has a responsibility to be accountable for not only our own behavior but also to be the caretaker of those who can no longer speak for themselves.
These are words that I try to live by and I have respect for those who feel the same way.
Semper Fidelis
Old 11-22-2009, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

To carry it a bit further, what is it about the brutality and gruesomeness of war that is most successfully carried out by those with the most most honorable and admirable of personal traits? Courage, loyalty, determination, honesty are all traits we admire all the time, not just in war. People with these traits are the most successful and at the same time are the most killed. That is the problem, why do we lose these people when we need them so much in peacetime?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

http://www.patriotfiles.com/index.php?name=Memoriam
Old 11-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Default Help Please

David, I went to the Remembrance page.
Each time I try to add a remembrance candle after message composed it says: "Please enter alphanumeric text only". ok checked by me, nothing happens.
And still no go, no matter how I compose message and it's not over word limit either. How is it done please ?
For example: LCpl. Andre Louis Knoppert
Fox 2/1 USMC
KIA 08 May 1969
Quang Nam, RVN

Thanks, Scott
Old 11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Scott it is saying you can only enter abc and 123 type characters. This is to protect the database from various types of attack. In the example you gave three characters are going to trigger it to block the submission. I have highlighted the characters in bold and red that will cause it to fail. I will expand the error description to be more clear in the future.

LCpl. Andre Louis Knoppert
Fox 2/1 USMC
KIA 08 May 1969
Quang Nam, RVN
Old 11-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Thank you David.
I am most challenged by computers and I'm sure it shows.
I will delete the offending characters and try again.
Many thanks for making this remembrance page available.
My best to you, Scott