The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2006, 06:31 AM

Keith and Arrow I have to agree. We all know the words and you don't have to be a Priest or Pastor to know they are not acceptable. Sure when we are in tight spots and with our own under those circumstances the vocabulary does change - more so under stress or duress.

I feel today we have to set examples for kids who are hearing this language way before their times. On the street I hear so many poor English diction being used it's terrible.

I've sworn sure and I know the words. I try not ever to use the Lords name in vain. Even when making mistakes I apologize even when no ones around. I'm not perfect and I sure can swear if one provokes me under certain conditions. That's not my brain engaging that's something altogether different.

Sure many have seen and been tough spots and saw and done some terrible things - but being able to recognize these issues and moving on will help.

Trying to keep ones adversarial emotions from engaging can be tough. I can look beyond such things for awhile but am disappointed when one continues to use such language I then have a tendency to believe this person has had a short or poor education.

I've learned many things the hard way and being a street kid in Chicago and walking the fine line between gangs and moving on into something else wasn't easy.

Life hasn't always dealt a good hand in this family and we've had our share of losses and pain. But in my house like Keith's and Arrows we try to respect those around us and not make them uncomfortable or intimidated by aggressive non-compliant verbiage.

Hey Guy's and Gal's I love you all like Brother's and Sister's and I know where all of you are coming from. I know where a few of you have been and we all know that this world wasn't perfect in many cases. But we are examples to other's who will follow us so being the statesmen and women we are - we should pause and reflect on what we say and just we say it.

Not all will change but some may and your kids and grandkids will know it - mine do.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links