The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2002, 10:29 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question In A Word - Weird!!

Some time back, I read a story in which a Modesto, California gal literally put the bite upon her husband for refusing her sex. Bites, I might add, that are (or were) under investigation to see if they may have (later) hastened the guy?s death from complications? The poor old guy was, it was reported, many years the gal?s senior!? I guess that there may have been some days when even ?Old Billy C? couldn?t get it up!?

Well, I thought that things couldn?t get much weirder than that, not even here in the Golden State? ?I THOUGHT WRONG!!?

I just read a news item in which a former sailor (a twenty-three year old Petty Officer) could end up with more than two decades in the brig for the first degree strangling death of his (not so) old lady (21 years old)! It seems that this gent, after finding out that his better half was having an affair (according to a local rag), was convicted of strangling his wife to death with an electric cord in the heat of passion. He then dumped her body near a local backcountry lake, only to retrieve her corpse several days later! With the body in his car, this gent then drove to a 400? (plus) high backcountry bridge, called the cops, and informed them that he was going to commit suicide by taking the "Big Plunge" over the rail!

For the record, "Pine Valley Bridge" passes over a Creek, which even in wet times (and we have been in a severe drought for a couple of years), is but a narrow trickle. ?One that would hardly cushion a fall of several hundred feet even when that elusive rain is present in force!?

When the police arrived upon the scene, the distraught ex-swab grabbed the detective?s gun, after slipping out of his handcuffs. In the struggle that followed, the gun discharged twice, one slug striking the woeful ex sailor in the head after ricocheting! The guy then spent the next three weeks recovering in the hospital, and from there, it?s the slammer for the next 26 years to life! ?A divorce would have been one helluva lot cheaper, I think!??

Talk about a tragedy of errors!

VERITAS