The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 10:23 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Cowboys Latest Victim Of Leftist Cancel Culture At Local New Jersey School District

8-4-2020

Cowboys latest victim of leftist cancel culture at local New Jersey school district

By Valmore J. Forgett III

The leftist cancel culture scolds have brought their prejudice to my old high school, Pascack Hills, erasing over fifty years of school tradition in a blink by voting to eliminate our school mascot, the Cowboys, in a vote of the Board of Education on June 22, 2020. The admitted predicate by those who advocated for the change is the conclusion that the term “Cowboy” is racist and sexist. Board member, math teacher and incoming Assistant Principal Charleen Schwartzman stated after the vote: “The cowboy is in no way free of bias as it excludes women and people of color," demonstrating the all-too-common prejudice of the radical left.

Prejudice. It literally means something. To pre-judge. It is universally accepted in the sane world that prejudice is wrong. By definition, prejudice is un-just for it renders a conclusion based not on facts, but on negative stereotypes. Sadly that is exactly the activity cancel-culture leftists regularly engage in.

Even a cursory examination of the history of the Cowboy reveals a remarkably diverse and inclusive culture and way of life. Historians agree that approximately 25 percent of cowboys in the American West were black, and that as many as one in three cowboys were Mexican vaqueros. I’m no math teacher turned Assistant Principal, but those percentages make Cowboys as diverse an identifiable group as there is in America.

While Cowboys of color no doubt faced discrimination, according to William Loren Katz, a scholar of African-American history and the author of 40 books on the topic, including The Black West: “Cowboys had to depend on one another. They couldn’t stop in the middle of some crisis like a stampede or an attack by rustlers and sort out who’s black and who’s white. Black people operated “on a level of equality with the white cowboys,”

As to Cowboys being exclusionary of women, I’m pretty sure legendary Western icons “Stagecoach” Mary Fields, Belle Starr, Calamity Jane and especially longtime New Jersey resident Annie Oakley, would be surprised at that view. The term “Cowboy” is akin to terms like “Freshman” or “Craftsman” and is, in fact, gender neutral. By this standard, an endless number of mascots like Tigers and Lions, are just as “exclusionary”.

As someone who has lived his life closely associating with cowboy culture, I know firsthand that Cowboys are as inclusionary, diverse and tolerant a society as there is. Cowboys believe in the same things that have built our great nation: Hard work, honesty and respect of others.

But, cancel-culture leftists are not interested in historical facts, nor are they interested in worthy American traditions. Anything, and anyone, that does not comport to their ideological bend are ‘racist’ and ‘exclusionary’ and are to be eradicated without regard to an objective analysis of the actual history. The violent mobs defacing and tearing down statues of American patriots, emancipators and abolitionists demonstrates the level of ignorance at play.

The self-examination of our society and its norms is something that has been done throughout the existence of the United States, and often has yielded remarkably positive results. Our founding fathers built into our system of governance the mechanism by which those changes could be implemented into our Constitutional structure, a method that has been used successfully to correct and eradicate wrongs, abuses and shortcomings throughout our nation’s history.

Have Cowboys been portrayed as virtually all white and male in our popular culture? Absolutely. Rather than eradicate the Cowboy as a symbol due to this false exclusionary perception, Pascack Hills could serve as a leader in representing the true ideals of tolerance and inclusiveness inherent in the cowboy code and to educate others on the historic multi-cultural nature of Cowboys. To do that would take the acknowledgement of actual facts and actual history into account, something that cancel-culture leftists will not do when those facts and history do not conform to their prejudiced mindset.

I care deeply about this issue not just because this is the High School I proudly graduated from over thirty years ago. I care, and worry, because it is this level of ignorance and hatred of America by cancel-culture leftists that is resulting in their clear desire for the removal of solid venerable traditions cherished by Americans, of all races and genders.

Ignorance and prejudice do not produce a better society for all, and that is what cancel-culture leftists peddle at an alarmingly increasing rate. It’s going to take the grit and determination of a Cowboy to stop it.

Valmore J. Forgett III is the President & C.E.O. of Navy Arms, LLC, Midland Arms Co., LLC and OWS, LLC.

To view online: http://dailytorch.com/2020/08/cowboy...hool-district/
Old 08-04-2020, 05:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Any school board that absurdly and silly insist that the term:"Cowboys" is RACIST & SEXIST, most certainly should all have their credentials or diplomas checked, at minimum.

In my mind, such obviously sophomoric Leftist Fools didn't even graduate from Grade School, much less should Even Be on a School Board.

Checking such Leftist Fools for having a little Common Sense first before permitting then to even be on a School Board,...couldn't hurt either.

Neil
Old 08-05-2020, 05:12 AM

Exclamation Meaning of The Left–Right political spectrum

#1 - Meaning of The Left–Right political spectrum

The Left-Wing Politics supports social equality and egalitarianism, often in opposition to social hierarchy. ... The word "wing" was appended to Left and Right in the late 19th century, usually with disparaging intent and "left-wing" was applied to those who were unorthodox in their religious or political views.

Whereas;

The Right-Wing Politics holds the view that certain social orders and hierarchies are inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable, typically supporting this position on the basis of natural law, economics, or tradition.

More:

#2 - Where Did the Terms 'Left Wing' and 'Right Wing' Come From?
By: Evans Andrews - History Stories
Re: https://www.history.com/news/how-did...wing-originate

Today the terms “left wing” and “right wing” are used as symbolic labels for liberals and conservatives, but they were originally coined in reference to the physical seating arrangements of politicians during the French Revolution.

The split dates to the summer of 1789, when members of the French National Assembly met to begin drafting a constitution. The delegates were deeply divided over the issue of how much authority King Louis XVI should have, and as the debate raged, the two main factions each staked out territory in the assembly hall. The anti-royalist revolutionaries seated themselves to the presiding officer’s left, while the more conservative, aristocratic supporters of the monarchy gathered to the right.

“I tried to sit in different parts of the hall and not to adopt any marked spot, so as to remain more the master of my opinion,” one right-wing baron wrote, “but I was compelled absolutely to abandon the left or else be condemned always to vote alone and thus be subjected to jeers from the galleries.”

The divisions only continued during the 1790s, when newspapers began making reference to the progressive “left” and traditionalist “right” of the French assembly. The distinctions later vanished for several years during the reign of Napoleon Bonaparte, but with the Bourbon Restoration and the beginning of a constitutional monarchy in 1814, liberal and conservative representatives once again took up their respective posts on the left and right of the legislative chamber. By the mid-19th century, “left” and “right” had entered the French vernacular as shorthand for opposing political ideologies. Political parties even began self-identifying as “center left,” “center right,” “extreme left” and “extreme right.”

France’s “left” and “right” labels filtered out to the rest of the world during the 1800s, but they weren’t common in English-speaking countries until the early 20th century. The terms are now used to describe the opposing ends of the political spectrum, but their origins are still evident in the seating arrangements of many legislative bodies. In the U.S. Congress, for example, Democrats and Republicans traditionally sit on opposite sides of the House and Senate chambers.

More:

#3 - My Simplistic Theory of Left and Right
By Bryan Caplan
Re: https://www.econlib.org/archives/201...plistic_t.html

A few weeks ago, Robin Hanson posed a lunchtime challenge: What is the difference between Left and Right? The point of the question, of course, is not to explain how every self-styled leftist differs from every self-styled rightist. The point is to identify unifying themes that generalize broadly across time and space.

There are many prominent candidates, like:

1. Leftists care more about equality, rightists care more about efficiency.
2. Leftists care more about the poor, rightists care more about the rich.
3. Leftists are more secular, rightists are more religious.

To my mind, though, all these theories overintellectualize Left and Right. Neither ideology is a deduction from first principles. Not even close. What binds Leftists with fellow Leftists, Rightists with fellow Rightists, is not logic, but psycho-logic. Feelings, not theories.

What’s my alternative? This:

1. Leftists are anti-market. On an emotional level, they’re critical of market outcomes. No matter how good market outcomes are, they can’t bear to say, “Markets have done a great job, who could ask for more?”

2. Rightists are anti-leftist. On an emotional level, they’re critical of leftists. No matter how much they agree with leftists on an issue, they can’t bear to say, “The left is totally right, it would be churlish to criticize them.”

Yes, this story is uncharitable and simplistic. But clarifying. Communists and moderate Democrats are vastly different, but they have something in common: Free markets get on their nerves. Nazis and moderate Republicans are vastly different, but they too have something in common: Leftists get on their nerves. Within each side, the difference between moderates and extremists is the intensity of their antipathy, not the object of their antipathy.

To see my point, imagine two grand conventions. The first is for all self-identified Leftists. The second is for all self-identified Rightists. Now imagine a grand Compromise Statement able to command the assent of 80% of the attendees. I say the Left’s Compromise Statement will consist in a bunch of complaints about markets. And I say the Right’s Compromise Statement will consist in a bunch of complaints about Leftists.

To be clear, my theory of Left and Right is tentative. If you know of relevant evidence one way or the other, I’m listening.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In short: The left seeks social justice through re-distributive social and economic policies, while the Right defends private property and capitalism.

The nature of the conflict depends on existing social and political cleavages and on the level of economic development.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you know why nothing gets done. Very little compromise between parties. Social issues split the parties more so than ever. As they say Money walks - and Bullshit talks. That's the short end of the description. Pick a side. Without compromise nothing ever gets done and the end result the People suffer as a whole.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

You got that right, Boats.
It being that: "Without compromise nothing ever gets done and the end result the People suffer as a whole."

Unfortunately and as proven over and over again, it is impossible to COMPROMISE with Leftists, such as seen often on TV. If Right Wing doesn't TOTALLY Cave-in to Left's Demands, they are automatically, unjustified and/or falsely labelled as: "Bigots & Racists".

Neil