The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2004, 05:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gimpy :

I have burned lots of wannabes and liars by pulling my DD214 out of my wallet. You are to be commended for posting your personal info.

Larry
Old 04-30-2004, 06:43 AM

Default GIMPY IS A DISTINGUISHED MAN

Gimpy:

This really isn't my right to discuss the issue here, but I commend you on allowing you to post your DD214. I wouldn't have done what you did, not that I don't have anything to hide. I don't think it is proper to show your form to someone, who I feel could care less.
I also have my opinion, and you may also feel the same "he" cannot show his, as he probably doesn't have one. There is a growing trend in this country, men who for some reason want to say they are veterans, and never came close to getting into a uniform. And everyday they have been sought out.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:27 AM

Gimpy I also would like to take my hat off to you, YOU'RE THE MAN! boy the heat sure gets hot in here sometimes dont it.
just keep up the good work I'll help when I can but it dosen't seem like you need any my friend.
razz
Old 04-30-2004, 10:47 AM

I've tried uploading my DD-214 3 times and I keep getting a "Forums database error" each time. How can I upload this? The file is 1.098 megabytes. Should I try to attach it as a Zip File?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One of the formal fallacies is something called "poisoning the wells", i.e., you are evil so everything you say is evil or you are a liar so everthing you say is a liar. The point is to cause the opponent to become distracted defending his person instead of debating the facts. Thus, if Hitler said Germany is in Europe, it cannot be true because he was evil. This forum seems to be one continuous poisoning of the wells. To put it clearer, poisoning the wells is a lie. I'm going back to other forums.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:53 AM

Edited
Old 04-30-2004, 12:12 PM

Let's see if this works. Still learning how to use an HP scanner and the software.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default So then,

I will only say this. Your DD-214 indicates you served your nation well.

I shall not allow myself to descend to the depths of degradation of which you have found so appropriate as to the charges you've made regarding "my" military service and subsequent VA disability compensation award.

I have no inclination to lower myself morally, or to stoop so low as to debase or otherwise shed undignified suggestions towards anothers military service..............nor the severity and degree of disability incured by their "combat-wounds".

However, I will NOT submit nor yield in any manner to intimidation, or reprehensible, degrading behavior intended to demean, deprecate, belittle or dishonor MY military service and subsequent combat related VA disabilty compensation award!

Is that clear?

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I am going to say a few things that need to be said. It is pretty go*damn fu*king sad when esteemed veterans like Gimpy, Superscout, Colmurph, and others are reduced to posting their VA rating info and DD214 to prove a point to each other. How does this look to the lurkers ? After the Psyco Mtn. campout, I am more convinced than ever that if you have a problem with someone on PF, one or both should make an attempt to call and talk through the problem....the Political Forum is almost out of control. No one listens, pays any attention to any facts others post, or for that matter gives a shit about anything except their own narrow views.. Poisoning the well...or worse. We have an image to uphold. This continuous bullshit does none of us any good. All just IMHO.

Larry
Old 05-01-2004, 09:44 AM

very well said Larry.
razz