The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2005, 11:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default www.veterans.com

I was looking thru the www.history.channel site and then went to the old www.veterans.com where we all migrated from 3+ or more years ago. It looks like they have converted to XML and RSS
and all those wonderful old posts of ours are gone. I had been meaning for sometime to go thru and save some of them....

Larry
Old 05-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Wow, I can't believe the disrespect they just showed by doing that. Maybe they will list an archive.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down Jaysus, that sucks!

There was alot of stuff on there, and I don't just mean the war stories and history. There was alot of bits and pieces of us on there. There was alot of our fears; tears; anger; laughter; guilt; pride; comforting and reassuring; being comforted and reassured; alot of friendships still in their infancies; fights; handshakes; lonely,solitary nights; prayers; vigils; hands reaching for help; hands outstretched to give help. A real shame.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

would somebody else look there and see if this is really true.....it really disturbs me.....

Larry
Old 05-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I looked and could not find the old stuff. It looks like they dumped it and are now using the same software they use on historychannel.

Aside form the obvious this quote from the intro to the site is what I find most disturbing in light of what they just did:

"The Military History Channel Veterans Forums are dedicated to preserving the legacies of veterans"

I really hope they bring it all back in an archive so it can be downloaded and properly preserved.

They are also not even using the veterans.com domain name now for anything more then a forward to the military history channel site. These companies piss me off sitting on great domain names like that.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote