The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Fitness New Year's Resolutions

I will NOT cancel my membership at the gym. As soon as I remember how to get there, I'll go every single day.

I will stop using my treadmill as an extra closet (oooh, so that's where that blouse went!) and use it for the purpose for which it was designed, as soon as I remember what that is...

I will find those dumbbells I bought last year (maybe they're under the closet...er...treadmill) and use them for more than paperweights.

I will not sneer at the aerobics instructor and his or her ultra-perky voice and fat-less body. Rather I will use him or her as motivation.

I will get up every morning at 5:00 a.m. to exercise instead of waiting until after work when I inevitably will find a reason not to go to the gym.

I will NOT eat anymore sweets at work, no matter who's
birthday is or how good that chocolate cake looks. Heck, I'll just cut sweets totally out of my diet!

I will cook a healthy dinner each and every night and calculate my
calories so I know exactly what I'm eating. I will begin using
tofu and making my own rice.

I will do a hundred push-ups a day... no, TWO hundred! Yeah right! Then I'll join the Olympics right?

I will stop consumption of all alcoholic beverages ...as soon as I finish this beer.

I will strengthen my relationships by getting my friends/family to exercise with me (as soon as they stop laughing).

How are your New Year's Resolutions so far?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2007, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I will do 8 0z diet coke curls each day.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ann,

Not a New Years Resolution person....but last January I started working out. By June I added weight lifting to my routine and still doing it. As you can see it's not quite 5 a.m. here on the proper coast and getting ready to go work out before heading for Psycho Mtn. It is true about the a.m. If I don't do it now, it won't get done because I'm too burned out by the end of the day.

Have not lost a lot of weight but have added good muscle. I've always hated exercise for exercise sake. Give me some sort of ball, (baseball, football, etc), and I could play for hours. Don't enjoy this but feel better doing it. What's funny is seeing all the new faces where I go, and how fast they quit showing up.

Packo La Lane

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-05-2007, 02:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

My idea of exercise is to eat faster!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:14 AM

Well if truth be known my idea of exercise is walking from where I park my car to my office. When I go to the grocery store I try to park far away from the door hoping to burn off at least 5 calories.

I have made an honest effort to eat right. If I'm not motivated enough to exercise I can at least eat better.

Raggedy Ann