The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2009, 05:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Happy Birthday Frank !!

Today is Franks birthday , he would have been 58 today. It's been almost 6 years since he left us but riding his bike keeps him close in my memory. I miss my friend but know he , and Andy , are watching over me and my family and laughing at some of the dumb stuff I get myself into. I'll stop by the bar tonight and toast one, or two , for my friend. Riding in memory of Frank "Torch " Skokan. Peace Brother
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 08:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default To Frank and Andy:

REST IN PEACE BROTHERS. You both are in a far better place now then the one you left. Free of PAIN and SUFFERING. Some day, when my own life has ended, I HOPE THAT I MIGHT BE PERMITTED TO JOIN YOU BOTH. Until that time comes, PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON all the rest of your Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters so that we might keep on the right trail!!

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again want to wish you a MOST SINCERE and HEART FELT:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 PM

Default Gone but not forgotten

Happy Birthday Frank - R.I.P.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up Remembering Frank

Posted by White Oak
Sgt Frank William Skokan US ARMY July 28,1951 Aug 10,2003

Frank William Skokan AKA XGRUNT joined the Army Jan 9,1970 in Atlanta,GA.Did 8 weeks of basic training and 8 weeks of Advanced Infantry Training at Fort Polk,LA. High scores got him into the Infantry Leaders Course(12 weeks) at Fort Benning,GA.Arriving in Republic of South Vietnam March 25,1971,Infantry,Buck Sgt E-5 or "Shake and Bake".Assigned to 3/506th 101st AIRBORNE DIVISION.Voluteered to go to Recon Platoon and was accepted even with no field experiece,3/506th needed NCO's.Franks job required him and 5 more members to be inserted by chopper into the jungle and then stay hidden for 15 to 20 days.Their job is to report, be the eyes and ears for the 506th.A job that kept you tired,on edge and stresed at all times.A very dangerous job.In the fall of 1971 he was on Firebase Rifle when the NVA tried to take it.Many of his patrols were ambush actions.He was reassigned to Recon 1/501 101st in May 1971.His job there was the same,6 man patrols,20 days of bush. He left Vietnam Jan 30,1972 and was Honorably Discharged Jan 31,1972.Was awarded and his most prized possession the Combat Infantry Badge,The Bronze Star Metal,Air Metal,Vietnam Service Metal,National Defense Service Metal.Frank was very proud of his service to his country

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-02-2009, 03:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Frank,

Happy Birthday a few days late. You're always in my thoughts. Rest in Peace.

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"