The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 PM

Default Happy 4th of July to you all

I've been in and out of the hospital twice this year and doing rather poorly of late. Heart issues - but I'm toughing it out as best I can. Will keep you all in my thoughts this hoiday. Take Care

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

You take care too Boats. Happy 4th to everyone!

Old 07-02-2010, 04:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to coachman
Distinctions
Contributor 

Take care Boats, have a great 4th to everyone

-Juvenal
C.50-C.130

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove
they are insured……but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen.”
Old 07-03-2010, 04:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,

Prayers out. I've been sick myself, in fact I had the funniest admission to the ER the other day. My appetite has been pretty low for the past month and the head has seen more of me than my family. I finally got out to the local clinic to get some bloodwork done that was overdue. The tech drew my blood and I left the facility. About 20:30 a knock at the door revealed a policeman looking for me as my HMO (Kaiser Medical) had notified the police that I had left AMA and needed immediate medical treatment. Unbeknownst to my wife and I our phone was not working for the 3rd or 4th time in a month (gotta love ATT) needless to say the cop looked at me and said "Well you look OK, guess you should call Kaiser and I'll let them know I found you upright and breathing." Come to find out my potassium was 2.3 siezure level danger close (normal is 4-5). So I drove myself in and got an IV and I'm doing OK. Oddly enough you would think that a medic of all people would know they were dehydrated. My favorite saying was "Take two salt tablets and drive on." I was drinking plenty of water but forgot that since I wasn't eating well I should have been supplementing with pedialyte or gatorade. So the storal of this mory is____I have one helluva HMO and I am no longer qualified to be a medic! I really wish you better health. Take it slow and thank you for your wise counsel in the past. Happy Fourth!

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 07-06-2010, 08:56 AM

Default Thanks Doc

Made it through the 4th with the grand-daughter. Got to give her a new middle (PYRO)
she's really into the fireworks. Hot weather is miserable. Got to see the heart doctor next Tuesday. Follow up on some nuclear stress test taken. My med's (now take 7 med's a day) equates to about $672.00 a year. Wife is also heavily medicated for her spinal issues. Poor kid really suffers from the degradation to her spine - not much they can do but give her some pain injections in her back which some work and most do not. How she bares up to the constant pain is remarkable.

Back to work and finding it hard to stay focused. Sorry to hear about your health issues but you know - we are in our Golden Years. Yea right - you bust you ass all your life so just before you retire - your body is broken and you health is taking a dive. So much for the good life.

Not sure what's next on the medical plate. Have a left leg not doing so well. Retirement is not in the cards as I need the insurance for my wife so I will have to hang in there for another four years - if possible. She's never worked but is declared 100% handicapped and I have to make sure I keep medical issues covered. Not sure what Medicare will do with us after I retire. Large deductilbles are taking most of our monies currently. I guess you will just have to take us both out and shoot us - when the time comes.

Gotta run take care of yourself and don't throw in the towel just yet. Take your meds and hope for the best. I also found out - STAY OFF LADDERS - I took two falls this year already
- fell from the attack to the 2nd floor and one outside cutting bushes. Why? Hell if I know. The Doc's also put me on a diet and the food they recomment I wouldn't give to a dog. Lost about 20 lbs need to loose a few more.

Will get back to you with better news in a couple weeks - I hope. Who knows I may need a bypass or a stint - I just don't want to have the large walnut cracker bust open my chest. A friend of mine had this done three times - he's gone now died trying to get to his Nitro found him in a ditch pills on the floor board. I too - now carrry a bottle of Nitro - so far I haven't had the need to take one.

Gotta run - stay healthy - keeps the family from getting upset or worried.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Boats,....

Never heard that: "Large walnut cracker" bit when becoming a new member of; "Zipper Club".
Whatever, Good Luck whichever ever way The White Coats force you to go.

Regardless,...hope You & Yours had A Great 4th also.

Neil