The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2003, 05:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Terror in the street...

...was my first post back on the history channel while looking for witnesses to the "Natchitoches Christmas light Festival" shooting on December 1st 1979...

...As most of you know, I have been trying to locate my former Commanding Officer , rank as of then was, Lt. Col. , Phil Blocker of the 23rd Tacital Fighter Wing, TAC for reasons of verification of the incident in which I saved a woman, and her child, and then proceeded to capture the gunman by tackling him, and subdueing him for 3 + minutes...

...for my actions, I ended up being discharged, and have spent 23, and a half years trying to clear my name, etc, 1/2 of my quest has been acomplished, but am still trying to get the USAF to officially acknowledge the incident...

...I came across this post on the "History Channel", while scaning back to encourage new members to scoot over here, and after reading it, I responded to it feeling that i fit the criteria for what there looking for...

..."from "THC"...

Subject Operation Reunion seeking post-Vietnam veterans
Posted by kbauer
Posted on 6/2/03 3:57:11 PM

The History Channel is producing a series entitled "Operation Reunion." We are looking for veterans of combat who wish to reunite with another veteran who cannot be located. At the moment, we are particularly interested in finding American veterans from the post-Vietnam era. The stories that we will feature in the program should meet the following criteria:

1. The veterans looking to reunite have not had any recent contact, either in person or through electronic means.

2. The veterans should have a very strong, compelling reason for wanting to reunite. Some examples might include wanting to return a personal item belonging to one of the veterans, wanting to bring closure to an unresolved combat event, obtaining a witness to acts of heroism, or saying thank you to someone for a selfless act performed.

3. The story should include combat, a rescue or any other war type action.

We need to connect with interested veterans as soon as possible. If you know of a story that fits these criteria, please contact:

Kip Bauer
Indigo Films
Fax 415.460.0170
kbauer@indigofilms.com

...I spent some time on the phone with "Kip", and he seems interested, and took as much info as he could off the bat???, and will be recontacting me...

...I was so desperate 4 years ago to come on to the forums at the History channel seeking anyone who could help me find any info. I was at my wits end, and who knows where this will go, but hell, who knows, "Hollywood" here I come, (If they let me)...

...still grasping at stars way up there to find the good Col., and if it takes doing a stint on film????????? so be it...

...You all here are the best, I've come to know, and love a great many of you, I don't have a lot of close friends as I kind of disassociated my self from the "public" years back, but all of you are a class act...

..."C"...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2003, 08:11 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

C.....So are you

Peace,Griz
Old 06-04-2003, 08:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default learning to live with it...

...only through the graces of others I have met here along the way...I'm still trapped, but in better company then i was 4 years ago, I was truly alone then without any help for what I had gone through...

...seeking the truth, and closure by "returning to the scene of the crime" mentaly nightly wasn't doing it to the point of driving myself nuts, and stepping into cyber spce on THC scared me worse, then came the ridicule from "we all know who", and still, nothing will stop me from continuing the journey to closure...

...these boards have been my theropy,...

...I've got my health, and half a brain left, so I got time, and effort to continue, and eventually straighten out the "record", It drives me on, If I give up on my case, then I know I could never handle the cases of others in the ways, and means they should be, and I will never let a truly needy veteran down...

...keepin' movin'........

...Griz, hope your feeling better, and give the girl a hug...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-05-2003, 07:04 AM

SEATJERKER
Best of luck on your quest.
I hope you find closure.