The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Can The Middle East Ever Get Along

How many more suicide bomber attacks will be launched against innocent Israeli civilians?

How many more times will Israel's military destroy another block of homes in the occupied West Bank or kill another Palestinian child caught in the crossfire?

When will the carnage in the Middle East come to an end? Some historians who chart the the ongoing blood bath say the centuries-old conflict between Jews and Arabs will never cease, that inhumanity toward humankind is so entrenched that it has become a way of life in the turbulent Middle East.

That viewpoint was enforced last Sunday when Israel launched an airstrike in Syria,claiming its planes targeted an Islamic jihad training base deep inside Syrian territory.

The Syrians denounced the attack as being typical of Israel's "aggression toward its people," and called on the United Nations to force Israel to cease its random attacks against Syria that they say were executed based on false intelligence.

Israel said it hit the jihad base in retaliation for a suicide bombing attack in a market place in Haifa that killed 19 Israeli citizens.

As expected, the Arab League meeting in Egypt denounced the raid in Syria. Syrian President Bashar Assad said the airstrike was Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's "government of war."

Sharon said his nation will pursue militants wherever they are, and it accused Syria of harboring and funding the Islamic Jihad.

But after the smoke had cleared from the bombed-out area, it was apparent the base's former occupants had long ago abandoned the training camp.

The senseless killing of innocent people on both sides must stop.

The only clear solution is embodied in President Bush's "road map to peace," but only the leaders of Israel and the Palestinians can put an end to the bloodshed.

The centuries-old hatred between Jews and Arabs must cease for peace to succeed in the blood-soaked sands of the Holy Land.

Just a thought.

Bob
Old 10-12-2003, 07:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Bob -

Right on - "Both Sides" must genuinely want peace!

No roadmap, ultimatum, declaration or manifesto alone will accomplish this, splendidly written and honorably conceived though they may be!

Again - "BOTH" sides must "GENUINELY" want peace for it "EVER" to become a "REALITY!" After countless years hate and hostility, do you really see this in the near future?

I hope so, but then I am sometimes prone to uncontrollable fits of optimism!

VERITAS
Old 10-12-2003, 07:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Heard "Mother Hen" Condoleeza Rice giving a talk in front of the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations this afternoon... amazed me as she described the circumstances in Iraq and middle east, reminded me of exactly what Israel and Palestine have been living through over five decades with no end in sight, with or without road maps or anything else.

Maybe if Arafat dies and Sharon gets voted out by his Parliament, then maybe there'd be a chance. Stupid freakin' Ariel Sharon got this ball rolling full steam ahead again by that blatant pilgrimage to Temple Mount a few years ago, and Arafat had 95% of everything the PLO needed or wanted right in his hands with Barak and Slick Willy... he told 'em to go to hell. "Peace Plan", hmmmph, a hundred miles wide and 1/32nd inch deep is what it actually is.

Those idiots deserve each other and I don't think we've got any business giving either of the parties one damn red cent any more. Let 'em blow the whole desert and one another to a gazillion bloody pieces... maybe then their survivors will calm down enough to listen to reason.

One major reason our government even discusses their problem is because our Evangelical Christians and Zionists have found common league... damn them both, they're bleeding our treasury and putting everyone at risk.

Wanna know who besides Osama Bin is to blame for 9/11? Israel and Palestine + Evangelical "Christians" and Zionists... that's who, every bit as much!

Check out: "The Fateful Triangle", by: Noam Chomsky.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 08:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sharon to Peres: "Don't worry about American pressure; we control America"

Occupied Jerusalem: 3 October, 2001 (IAP News)

An acrimonious argument erupted during the Israeli cabinet weekly session last week between Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and his foreign Minister Shimon Peres during which Sharon reportedly yelled at Peres, saying "don't worry about American pressure, we control America."

According to Israel radio (in Hebrew) Kol Yisrael, Peres warned
Sharon Wednesday that refusing to heed incessant American
requests for a cease-fire with the Palestinians would endanger
Israeli interests and "turn the USA against us."

At this point, a furious Sharon reportedly turned toward Peres,
saying "every time we do something you tell me Americans will do
this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear,
don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish
people control America, and the Americans know it."

The radio said Peres and other cabinet ministers warned Sharon
against saying what he said in public because "it would cause us
a public relations disaster."
Old 10-13-2003, 05:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Larry -
Well, that news is pretty sickening... coming from the author of Sabra and Shatilla, b-----d!

Got America under control, eh! We'll just see about that.

Ya don't have to be an anti-semite to recognize a parasite.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If through some act of magic, there were not to be a Country called Israel, there still would be no peace in the Near east, Middle east, ever. Terrorism and conflict is a way of life and a business with an inexhaustible source of manpower, anxious contributors, customers and victims. No one in the area, no one, really wants to see the Palestinians become a united entity with a country of their own. Words to the contrary are nothing more than pap; curtural lip service and double speak.
Memories are long and countries like Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon know the ugly subjugation and humiliation they have inflicted on the Palestinians and don?t look forward to pay back day. They all have a vested interest in keeping the conflict(s) at a boiling point but not overflowing the pot. One of the best-kept secrets is the extreme depravity and poverty the Palestinians are subjected to in Lebanon. They have no rights or privileges whatever and are lucky to have any kind of employment let alone access to schools, medical attention or decent housing. But for reasons unknown the world chooses to be the three monkeys when it comes to the reality of what is really going on. Peace with Israel would let loose a Pandora?s box of historic tribal and religious sect enmity and hatred that goes back many centuries and that conflict will never end. As I see it, there is not a question of if there is going to be a conflict but only who the combatants are and where.
A lot of US Presidents have had their sword broken trying to broker peace in the area and all to no avail. The reality, it seems to me, is that no one wants to disturb the status quo and charge into a larger abyss of fratricidal warfare that lurks just beneath the thin vainer of supposed common cause.

Scamp
Old 10-13-2003, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It is very, very, very hard to step back and look at who owns what over there...but, if you believe the Bible....I do verbatim absoulutely.....go back to Cain and Abel...trace the tribes of Israel...only 10% of all the professed "Jews" in the whole-wide-world are descendants of the original tribes in Israel. ( Where are these folks now ?? ..you might be surprised about this too... ) The rest are descendants of the Khazars ( who lived in eastern Russia and converted to Judaism because they were caught between Muslims and Christians and it was the easy way out to avoid destruction by both ) and migrated to eastern Europe ...they have ZERO claim on the land of Israel, because they simply NEVER lived there. Surprised ?? The Palestinians, by contrast have lived in the area for 6,000+ years, continuously. The Isrealis practiced the same terrorism prior to 1948 that they decry today, and also practice terrorism worldwide now. Don't get me wrong.....terrorism is a crime, BIG-TIME, no matter who does it for any reason. But I believe the Palestinians have a good case....wrong methods of course, but a good case, nevertheless.

good websites for research...many more available..just keep an open mind..thanks...

http://www.khazaria.com/

http://www.orange-street-church.org/text/khazar.htm

http://www.hoffman-info.com/khazars.html

http://www.imninalu.net/Khazars.htm
Old 10-13-2003, 11:08 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well and elegantly said Scamp.

Interesting links Larry.