The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2011, 01:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gutsy Gimpy,

Even though hate bothering you or any other severely injured DAV, I figured whom better to ask for a sensible explanation about why so many bail-outs or desertions have occurred from here on this patriotfiles.com site?

After all, you're more gutsier than most, don't equivocate or waltz fellow veterans around and honestly speak your mind, even if disagreeing with many.

Your also previously praising David & Patfiles more so than most just like Boats & Andy (just to mention a few other fine Honorable Veterans) once did, is even more justification for asking you about the mass exodus or large abandonement & Veteran Supremacist Snubbing* of patriotfiles.com.

Then too Your Honor, Integrity, Courage & Duty to Country is beyond reproach.

Besides, Arrow's excusing all veterans having abandoned here as merely: "Their right to assemble on another site", just doesn't wash. Heard better lame excuses for people manipulating from politicians.

Neither does Doc (1CAVCC015MED) stating: "I haven't given up on original patriotfiles.com or PF-1, I just don't want to deal with Niel (sp?) and Darrelsjoy" bull, makes any sense either.

What's to fear? NO ONE here is or was ever forced to: "Deal with Niel (sp?) and Darrelsjoy".

Neil

RE.*Veteran Supremacist Snubbing:
Note how even such as a:"Happy Thanksgiving..." thread is avoided. That's pretty-petty!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Since always greatly opinionated & historically outspoken here more so than most (Gimpy most definitely is/was not a very shy veteran here. ),...one wonders if The Gutsy One is OK.

Thus, do any of you previous friends out there know how: "The Gimpster" is currently fairing?
Silence certainly was never one of his strong suits.

Plus, the last we heard here on Patfiles about Gimpy's severe condition didn't sound too good.

Hope things have improved somewhat for him. He, just like all DAVs deserve as much.

Neil
Old 12-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

David,
Since apparently none others either know, care not to or are not permitted answering or replying to most anything here,...do you know if Gimpy is doing well or not??

I'm sure many others loyal to Patfiles & also concerned about Gimpy, would like to know about such.

Neil
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default health,...

...from what I have read prior, Gimp has had some issues with his health, and hasn't been on the web a whole lot as of lately,...

...The exodus from here has a usual variety of reasons for different people, It's just that many have so much more going on in their lives, and cannot allot the time, plain, and simple, a few have migrated to PFII , and still hit here now, and then, some have had it with 'ron a bee's, aka 39/39, and the all time POS SID who took the alltime "wanna be" title...

...SID, if you happen to slither in, and read here,...

...Very many here accepted you as a man of your word as most Soldiers, and Veterans would, We are held, and bound to the highest of standards between ourselves knowing that lives depend on it, It is a bond that shines lifelong, and never a tarnished area, You knowingly lied, and slandered everyman, and woman that ever accepted the oath of enlistment, and service to this nation with your self serving fabrication of "look at me, I'm a superhero' boasts of supposed acomplisments,...

...That statement of "A hero dies but one death, and coward dies a million" rings so true, a cringe must resoundingly screech from your mirror daily, and fittingly so,...

...Only pity is bestowed upon you now as those that know you know the truth,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:56 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

SEATJERKER,
Thanks for responding, even though already knowing: "Gimp has some issues",...and some truly debilitating ones at that. I was hoping to hear something better & more current about Gimpy.

Still, that: "POS SID" being one of reasons for many: "Migrating to PFII" is somewhat confusing.

After all, David banned: "POS SID" from patriotfiles.com after being exposed as a phony.

Plus, what's to say that Sid, Ron or whomever isn't just using another handle on PFII, also?

Neil
Old 12-31-2011, 07:46 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy

I am constantly amazed at the ties that bind us on the heart and mind level. Although I have never met any of you face to face I know the bond we share goes beyod the physical need to see a face attached to a name. I too have been heavy in thought about Gimpy especially in the last 6 or so months. He's one of those that we would gladly go with to hell and back. I sent a few emails to him with information about diabetes treatment that isn't part of current allopathic practice and of course the inquiries into his current status. The emails never bounced back so I guess they at least went one way. I am thankful that I found the Patriot Files and to have met and communicated with all. It is all because of Frank Skokan that I landed here. The light that shines here no matter who stays and who goes is bright within each of us as we have been and always will be Brothers in Arms. As the new year closes in I stumbled across this and had to put my two cents in.

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"

Last edited by urbsdad6; 12-31-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: forgot to sign it
Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Doc Urb,
Thank you very, very, very much for responding, even though such info about Gimpy isn't all that good hearing. None should go through even further hell, like The Gimpster.

Regardless, the other reason for thanking you so-damn-much is due the extreme lack of posts & responses occuring here on Patfiles over that last half year or so. Your responding is quite some rarity. So Thanks Again, Doc.

Apparently that conspiracy of silence by Many ONCE Fearless, Thoughtful & Very Outspoken Veterans exists & has existed here for quite some time.

No matter what lame reasons given,...non such seem very Honorable or Gutsy to me.
Quite The Opposite seems true.

Only Gimpy's not responding, leaving the fray or running away from truths is understandable.

Neil

P.S. My salute and:"GarryOwen" to You & All other Honorable Veterans.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Happy New Year to all !
Old 01-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hi all,

It's interesting that this topic just sprang up after I had just explained to a couple of friends on other sites last week, my recent and sometimes long absences from boards. There are two reasons that I am not around much if at all the last couple of years. The first is that I am registered with a number of sites at least 6 or 7 that I can think of and probably more. This is not meant to offend anyone, its just that one board is so much like another, so much so that I grow weary of trying to say something different on every board I visit. all the boards are military affiliated in one way or another and they usually have the same kind of subdivisions aabout sports and bartalk, etc. and I have friends on all of them. Most of the boards are pretty much arranged the same way so visiting one is like visiting any of the others. Some of the people even cross pollinate between boards.

As far as this board is concerned, one reason, I stopped coming was for the longest time, I had trouble logging in. I thought the board had gone belly up. I like this place, I just wore out my psycovets cap after I don't know how many years :-) just to show you. A couple months would go by and I tried again, no luck, At any rate, I received one of those blast emails a while back from patriotfiles indicating that it was still around, I tried again and no luck. Last week, I tried again and I finally got on. Maybe it was the site, maybe my computer. I don't know but it works. I've lurked a couple of times then decided to post when I saw this thread. By the way, I hope Gimpy is OK, he and I were amongst the originals, I was #9 if memory serves :-)

The second reason is quite frankly, I'm one exhausted puppy when I get home. I work 11 hour days and do three hour round trip commutes, I go to bed right after supper and hardly look at the PC at all. I'm up at 4:30 AM to start the cycle all over again. i'm in facility management so i'm always consolidating, moving people, dealing with labor disputes and possible strikes. I'm 63 and just don't have the patience for this as I once did, some of you old hands may remember that I was the Civil war nut that posted a lot of stuff on the site originally about Civil War units and topics I was researching as well as trying to keep current topics in the Coast Guard (my alama mater) up!.

So David, please don't take it as a sign that we're jumping ship, we'tre just getting old and tired. Now that I can get on the site, I will check it out more to see if I can contribute. That is if I can kick my wife off the computer, she is as prolific now as I once was on the darn thing. I'm lucky if I read my email once a week. That's the kind of aversion to electronics I'm dealing with now.

Just to give you an idea of the sites that I am a member of, notice I didn't say visit; they include: Mil.com, milnet.com, annoyed man.com, Trackpads.com, conservative cave.com,U.S. and World Politics Form, Ford Taurus.com,civilwartalk.com, fireboat.org, lilacpreservationproject.org, nomadicpreservationsociety.co.uk, and on and on. and of course everyone wonders why their membership is down :-) I think you just need some young blood!!

Happy New Year,

Bill aka Tamaroa

King John 2.1.466
Old 03-06-2012, 11:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Anyone hear anything whatsoever about: "Gutsy Gimpy"?

Neil