The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2021, 06:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation IF It Moves - It Moves By Truck

11-30-2021

“Nothing” in America gets done without eighteen wheels to move it around from point ‘A’ to point ‘B’ - “And That’s A Fact!!”

“Granted”, and unless they can figure out a way to attach water-skis or wings to a truck, time and “Nature Itself” may also present a huge problem, but for all of those many tedious and time-consuming miles of road that occupy the job of moving product across “Our Nation”, there is only one solution, and that is the truck, and of course its determined driver –

“And That Too Is A Fact!!”

Have you ever stopped (mentally) to wonder what those convoys of trucks are carrying within their cargo-boxes? Or how depraved and lacking life would be without all of those groceries, clothes, pharmaceuticals, games, toys, and all of the other products, that those thousands of trucks carry around “Our Nation” – (twenty four, seven)? In short, “Our Nation” would indeed grind to a screeching halt, were it not for all of that rolling stock that chugs-along our roads, every day and every night, carrying the products that most of us merely take for granted? So whether you want to realize it or not, without the trucking industry, life as we know it, would definitely be no more! So keep em’ rolling, you unsung heroes of -“The American Highways and Bi-ways!!”

Hardcore
Old 12-01-2021, 01:17 PM

HC - a trucker's life is a lonely one. I drove semi's for 15 years hauling steel coils
for tubing, An old B-Model Mac (a real smoker) later hauling tanks with spent acid.'
Lastly with TSC Team driving coast to coast & North and South if needed. Got home
one or two days after two weeks on the road. Good money but the wife had to
take care of the kids (that was hard on her). Then I took field work was gone as
long as 6 to 8 month overseas (for Grey McKensie out of London) 6-8 months in
Saudi Arabia building a new dock and loading and unloading cargo or driving trucks
- large cargo handlers - and/or forklift trucks and Hyster's. That's a lonely job don't
let anyone fool you. CB radio's back then plenty of chatter coast to coast. Yea those
guys earn their doe! But like I said - its hard on the family back home - where's Dad - when's he coming home - Mom's a wreck raising the kids while your driving coast to coast.
-
Finally got my Field Engineering Certificate and too took me overseas and all parts of the world again - the wife was getting the checks - but she also had to raise our kids for the better part of their young lives. It wasn't easy and a lot of pressure of her with no other help unless her Sister's popped in to give a short break.
-
The money is there - if you want it - but you risk loosing your home life & wife and kids which sometimes happened to many I know.
-
Without trucks its like you say - no products - no fuel - and less food products. Those
guys need credit given - for without them - look where we are at. Plus suppliers can't produce the product like they used to - to feed he Nation. Cost of Fuel has also skyrocketed and that hurts the boss a lot and raises aren't happening during those times.
Union pay and overtime - we made good buck - but had little home-life - and it costed many families to break up. It's a tough road to be highway hauler.
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote