The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Robert J Ryan

Default Sacramento CA City Council

The Sacramento CA City council sent a letter to the President stating that on behalf of the people of Sacramento, CA the president needs to start the withdrawl of American Forces from Iraq. I sent an E-mail to the Sacramento City Council stating they didn't speak for me, and that I tottaly support of armed forces, and their efforts in Iraq and will continue to do so after job is done, and they come home. Our local news channel reported that the Sacramento City Council received numerous calls stating that the counci didn't speak for them. A Vietnam Vet was interviewed by reporter who stated the city council needs to resend a letter stating the city council wants the troops to be withdrawn, and they are not speaking for all of the citizens of Sacramento. A big rally was sponsored at the state Capitol in support of the troops.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2005, 08:31 AM

Good Man Mr. Ryan - its amazing how so many talk for the multitudes and yet if you did an actual head count you would a very small minority backing up his request to the president.

That was a good thing you did.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

good job RJR
Old 11-04-2005, 06:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

Did you expect anything less. It's great to live in Calf. mostly but there are some reallllly F#$K%^ up mindes in the area.

Any day above ground is a good day
Old 11-04-2005, 08:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Good Job Robert! Hope more People do it as well.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:34 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs down Nuts

In the town of Amherst Ma, that?s where last year the high school play was the ?The Vagina Monologue?, each year the town meeting votes to ?instruct? the president to pull the troops out of the middle east. The town of Longmeadow has a by-law saying it?s illegal to detonate a nuclear device within town limits. And Hampshire County Regional High School will not allow military recruiters to be at career day unless there is also a booth telling students of the horrors of war.
It?s not just a California thing.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 11-05-2005, 08:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down Seattle City Council

Seattle City Council voted to breach all the dams on the Columbia and Snake River Systems. The Columbia and Snake Rivers don't even come close to Seattle. However, the Mose Lake City Council Voted that Seattle be and example and breach the Dams that the City of Seattle owns. Seattle City Light owns three major dams. Two on the Skagit River and one on the Pend Oreille River. Those dams supply well over half the electricity for Seattle. They replied to the City of Moses Lake they couldn't economically afford it at this time. To which the Moses Lake said, neither can the States Farmers and Electrical Industry afford it. Pure hypocricy! Idiots! Those Seattle City Council Members.

Keith
Old 11-06-2005, 06:46 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Andy,

If a nuke is detonated in Longmeadow, who's going to be left to prosecute?!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Robert J Ryan

On another site I was accused of being wrong for contacating the city council and saying what I did. It seems that it's OK to contact the president and say what they want on behalf of the citizens of Sacramento without our consent. They likened me to a war monger because I believe what the United States is doing what's right in Iraq just as I did then and now believe what the US did in Vietnam. I know that If I was in the armed forces now and I was Sacramento, I sure wouldn't feel to good knowing that my hometown City Council does not back me up. They say that's where I'm wrong, that the City Council does back up the troops by saying start to withdraw the troops now. The war in Iraq cannot be like Vietnam, we can't just cut and run. The United States Government made a commitment to stay the course. I have no choice but to back up the troops until the job is done. I do have choice, so my choice is to back up our troops efforts since it is an honorable effort.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Seems to me that the Peppermint Patties that occupy these various council throne rooms have not a clue about municipal infrastructure and what it takes to add or change things around. Moss Lake had it right, lead the way Seattle but I would suggest that they only close down their hydro plants for a week or so and do an impact study, yikes. Then listen to the hue and cry go up at the cost of replacement power and all manner of things going bump in the night and getting real squirrelly, not the least of which is the western power grid. My guess is that the council ?votees? would be looking for a place to run and hide when the wheels started blowing off their grand experiment.

Kind of like the proposed Seattle monorail project that sounded like a good idea at the time, but totally blew out when real costs vs. benefits were put on the public platter for review. Then the advocacy cane and straw-hat dances weren?t so effective anymore and were fairly well boooed of the stage, and poof went the monorail project.

Scamp