The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2004, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Kerry's Flips and Flops

Flip: Claims to support the Defense of Marriage Act.
Flop: One of the few who actually voted against it.

Flip: Claims that life begins at conception.
Flop: Consistently voted to fund abortions.

Flip: Claims to be a practicing roman Catholic.
Flop: Consistently voted to fund abortions.

Flip: Voted for the Patriot Act.
Flop: Now opposes it.

Flip: Deposited his monthly US Senate paychecks.
Flop: Missed 80% of voting obligations over the past year.

Flip: Voted to remove the Marriage Penalty Tax.
Flop: Now wants to reinstate it.

Flip: Claims to be ?for the little people.?
Flop: Voted to raise taxes at every opportunity.

Flip: Voted for the war in Iraq.
Flop: Now speaks against it, but,
Flip: Wants to send it more troops.

Flip: Claims to have had discussions with foreign leaders.
Flop: Refuses to say with whom and when these discussions were held.
Flip: Thinks he can cozy up the French and Germans for troop support.
Flop: French and German troops won?t go to Iraq.

Flip: Criticizes President Bush for our policy in Iraq.
Flop: Offers no alternative action.

Flip: Considers fighting terrorism as a ?law enforcement? matter.
Flop: So did the Clinton administration.

Flip: Claims to really support our fighting forces.
Flop: Votes against funding our fighting forces.

Flip: Claims to be a practicing Roman Catholic.
Flop: Voted against both the ?Partial Birth Abortion Bill? and the ?Laci and Conner Peterson Bill.?

Flip: Alleged friend of families.
Flop: Voted to fund ?morning-after? pills in public schools.

Flip: ?I actually did vote for the $87 billion ?
Flop: ? before I voted against it.?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2004, 02:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout...

Even though the factual listing of Kerry Flip-Flops are reason enough to vote against A Veteran, it being recently disclosed that most all Europeans not part of The Coalition overwhelmingly favor Kerry over Bush in the upcoming election,...is proof positive to me that no-way-in-hell should Kerry be The Commander-In-Chief!!!
Well,...for America anyway.

American Troops need A Commander-In-Chief that ONLY makes "Them" and Allies top priority. Considering all others and/or all foreigners equally and: "Sensitively",...just won't do.
Well,...that's if America wishes to survive or come out the winner of this War on Terrorism, anyway?

Neil
Old 08-15-2004, 06:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In terms of ?say what?, Kerry is now being very critical of Bush for not taking the PRC to task for their human rights abuses. Huh? Wait a sec, Kerry himself trashed out a Congressional bill that would have called up upon the Vietnamese Communists to lighten up on the human rights abuses and this was after a unanimous congressional vote of something like 410 to 1. In 2000 Kerry was a big fan of not mixing human rights issues with the China trade bill. I believe his position has always been something like the US is never to punish the Communists, but is to "engage" them. So what happened to all that? :cd:

So if Kerry promotes his flexibility on things, I?d have to say he certainly is flexible. From moment to moment ya can only guess what is coming next.

Scamp
Old 08-15-2004, 06:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Thank you for adding that Flip-Flop on the human rights issue with the Commie Red Chinese. I had forgotten that one!

The condition of flexibility is greatly enhanced in the absence of backbone. In multiple cases, Kerry has repeatedly demonstrated the spinal fortitude of protazoam.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-15-2004, 09:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default No hobgoblins, nope.....

I think it?s the water or legacy or tradition, something along those lines. The Massachusetts poet and activist Henry David Thoreau said something like, ?Consistency, consistency, foolish consistency, it?s the hobgoblin of a little mind?. Alas, it seems that Kerry don?t have no hobgoblins, no sir. I?ve always liked that little ditty because it does nicely to cover for a poor memory or when ya got too many stories on the street.

Scamp
Old 08-19-2004, 08:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More Flips and More FLops

Flip: Kerry wants to bring our troops home from Iraq.
Flop: Kerry opposes bringing our troops home from Korea and Germany.

Flip: Kerry wants to replace our troops with German and French troops.
Flop: The French and the Germans won't send their troops to Iraq.

Flip: Kerry wants to replace our troops with German and French troops.
Flop: When was the last time that either the German or the French troops won a war?

Flip: Kerry opposes our "unilateral" withdrawal of troops from Korea and Germany.
Flop: Kerry fails to understand that these are OUR troops, and approval of their withdrawal does not need French, German, or UN approval.

Old 08-26-2004, 12:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More Flips and More Flops

Flip: Pres. Nixon ordered me to go to Cambodia in Christmas, 1968.
Flop: Pres. Nixon did not take office until Jan. 1969.

Flip: "I will not raise taxes on the middle class." Kerry, 2004
Flop: Kerry has voted to raise taxes 35 times, on all classes.

Old 08-26-2004, 02:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hmmmmmmmmmm??

How can you, or anyone else for that matter, call Kerry a "Filp-Flopper" when GEE-DOUBLE-U has the record HE has???

From the very beginning, George W. Bush has made his own credibility a central issue. On 10/11/00 during the 2000 campaign for President, then Governor Bush said: "I think credibility is important. It is going to be important for the president to be credible with Congress, important for the president to be credible with foreign nations."
Compare those words with his actions.................

Bush says U.S. Will Seek U.N. Vote For War With Iraq.......Bush then Attacked Iraq Without U.N. Vote

Bush is against a Homeland Security Department;.... then he's for it.

Bush is against a 9/11 commission;..... then he's for it.

Bush is against a WMD investigation;..... then he's for it.

Bush is against nation building;...... then he's for it. (Even before 9/11 it was part of his foreign policy, PNAC. So drop the "everything changed after 9/11" malarky.)

Bush said he'll provide money for first responders (emergency services);..... then he doesn't.

Bush is against deficits;..... then he's for them.

Bush is for free trade;.... then he's for tariffs on steel;.... then he's against them again.

Bush said he'll reduce Greenhouse gases;...... then doesn't do it.

Bush is for a patient's bill of rights then;....... then he fights against it.

Bush say that "help is on the way" to the military and military veterans;..... then he cuts benefits.

Bush talks about helping education;...... then he cuts funding.

Bush says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea;..... then he says we will.

Bush campaigns at racist Bob Jones University;..... then says he shouldn't have.

Bush says he will demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq;..... then he announces he won't call for a vote.

Bush says the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the Navy;...... then he admits it was his advance team.

Bush is for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US;..... then he's against it.

Bush is for a state's right to decide on gay marriage;...... then he's for amending the constitution to prevent it.

Bush Mocked Gore's Tax Credit for Hybrid Cars......Bush then Supported Investing in Hybrid Cars.

Bush Supports Extending Assault Weapons Ban.....Bush then Opposes Extension of Assault Weapons Ban

BUSH SUPPORTS MANDATORY CAPS ON CARBON DIOXIDE [Bush Environmental Plan, 9/29/00]......THEN BUSH OPPOSES MANDATORY CAPS ON CARBON DIOXIDE.[President Bush, Letter to Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE), 3/13/03]

BUSH OPPOSES TIME EXTENSION FOR 9/11 COMMISSION...........THEN BUSH SUPPORTS TIME EXTENSION FOR 9/11 COMMISSION

BUSH SAYS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEEN AL QAEDA AND SADDAM......THEN BUSH SAYS SADDAM HAD NO ROLE IN AL QAEDA PLOT

BUSH PROMISES TO FORCE OPEC TO LOWER PRICES..........BUSH THEN REFUSES TO LOBBY OPEC LEADERS

BUSH DENIES NEED FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR IRAQ DURING THE REST OF 2004........BUSH REQUESTS ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR IRAQ FOR 2004

BUSH SAYS WE FOUND THE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.....BUSH SAYS WE HAVEN'T FOUND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

BUSH WANTS OSAMA DEAD OR ALIVE... "I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'" [President Bush, on Osama Bin Laden, 09/17/01] ...................Then BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT OSAMA "I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him. I truly am not that concerned about him." [President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]

And then he and the Republicans have the unmitigated gall to call John Kerry a "flip-flopper"???

Mr. Bush could teach a class in "flipping & flopping" for goodness sakes!

My own problem with George exists elsewhere.

The fact that some of those above mentioned flip-flop points also qualify as flat-out lies makes flip-flopper George W. Bush not only the biggest carp landing at the bottom of the rowboat.

But his reluctance to come out now (and then) and denounce or condemn what HIS folks did to John McCain in 2000, Max Cleland in 2002 and now John Kerry in 2004 makes him the slipperiest and most slimey "mud carp" of a politician in moderrn history!.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What?

No attempt to "answer" these charges of "flipping & flopping" by Bush???

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:49 AM

Hey Gimpy, so often I hear you complain about others responding to your question about President Bush with questions about John Kerry. Well, here you are doing the exact same thing. Personally, I wish John Kerry would explain what he is going to offer the French, Germans, and Russians to get them to send troops into Iraq when we are pulling ours out. The French may be whimps, but they are not stupid. Before you covers John Kerry's rear with complaints about President Bush, try explaining Kerry's inconsistancies first. And please don't come back with charges of inconsistancy on President Bush's part as an answer to this question.