The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Aplastic Anemia VS Hemolytic Anemia

Sorry, guys, but I think Dioxin is getting a bad rap. Just like other things besides 2-butoxyethanol is being blamed for the harm of the 'gulf war syndrome' vet, so, in my opinion, is that the case for Dioxin in your case.

I don't have any medical background; however, in the process of learning about what 2-butoxyethanol does, both from what the chemical is said to do, and from talking to those harmed by it, I learned that it is an autoimmune situation first towards the red blood cells, and I suspect that will be the common denominator of harm: autoimmune hemolytic anemia

And then it goes on to cause, best I can tell, all the other odd symptoms that have come to be known as 'gulf war syndrome' or Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction or even Just Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (in cases where the immune system is not yet realized to be part of the picture) The Central Nervous System damage is the most noticeable and gets the most attention; however, the fatigue the doctors are looking for, in my opinion is this red blood cell damage.

The source of info on this hemolytic anemia Is no longer on the internet, so I'm glad I saved this copy. It is very basic, but this is the info I started with 2 years ago.

The basic difference, in lay terms, is that in hemolytic anemia (from 2-butoxyethanol) would be the body's prematurely destroying the red blood cells. Seems like the retic rate is high with an acute exposure & can even drop over time to below normal, but the basic blood work doesn't read right. There are too many red blood cells that are immature.

If you have a strong exposure you will know it. In 15 minutes, a worker shared with me, that he had visible blood in urine. You feel very bad; you feel the fatigue hit. You have flu-like symptoms. Included in that can be a very high or low blood pressure, blood sugar, etc. When the doctor notices that, ask the doc to check the retic rate, too And ask yourself what you were doing at that time

I don't know much about aplastic anemia. However, I do know a man who had this from exposure to fresh oil the last week of March, 1989. His wife shared his blood counts with me for the last 6 months of his life, and he had 3.9 for a red blood cell count; and counts of 1 for WBC and PLT each. In the simple definition the red, white, and platelet blood cells are hindered from being made at all. In this man's case from benzene in crude oil

They say that aplastic anemia in 80% of the cases is acquired and that it is idopathic (they don't know the cause)

I was wondering whether or not aplastic anemia is autoimmune. ?
Since there is discussion on immunosuppression in the article,
I suspect that it may be

Quote:
The estimated 5-year survival rate for the typical patient receiving immunosuppression is 75% and for matched sibling donor BMT is greater than 90%. However, in case of immunosuppression, a risk of relapse and late clonal disease exists.
And I wonder whether someone could have both hemolytic anemia and aplastic anemia at the same time?

I would suggest that you do the basics, and graph your own blood cell counts over time. Keep copies of all bloodwork and all urinalysis. Ask questions of your doctor. Get a second opinion if you need to.

I believe real help may come when the autoimmune aspect of the immune system returns to normal. If medical science would focus here, I believe a cure is possible.

This gulf war syndrome vet shared with me that he had bacteria in his blood. A year ago I had no idea what that meant, but now I think I do.

So, instead of hindering the immune system that isn't going after the virus and bacteria elements as it should, but going after YOU. . . best to help it redirect itself. Surely medical science can come up with a cure?~~!

Actually, in the case of 2-butoxyathanol exposure, the second hand exposure is very easy to get - even Baby's can be exposed, and I suspect it to be a primary consideration for SIDS. Whenever you feel your eyes burning, close them: whether on an airplane or the dentists office ... the barber shop ... the chiropractor's office, etc. Or pull out the airtight goggles. Mechanics are at risk and so are housewives. Many cleaning products are too strong in these chemicals.

The military should inventory all products used repetitively by soldiers. Limit the same group doing the same job for days on end, when these chemicals, are in use; and don't think that every time several soldiers come down with 'flu-like' symptoms that you need another virus vaccine.

If we knew all those who've been harmed by this chemical since its invention in the 1930s, and especially in all wars (starting with WWII), I think we would lobby Congress to ban 'em and to look for a cure.

I think Dioxin is getting too much credit for the harm of the Vietnam Vet; and I think Sarin gas, DU, and vaccinations is getting too much credit for the harm to the 'gulf war syndrome' vet of 1990-1991

Web Page in easy share version ... of these comments

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links