The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Concerns

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2002, 10:45 AM

Default Veteran Assistance

I am a new member, having been referred by BiBi at emailourmilitary.com.

It would be much appreciated if a few of you visited http://veteransurvival.com and take a look. Your insight and comments will help me develop the concept.

The basic idea is that I don't think VA or the government will ever be able to help all the vets that need it. I decided that the answer is to match up vets with civilians, not the government.

It is an ambitious project, but what the heck, I'm not dead yet.

Regards,

Dave
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2003, 05:39 AM

Thumbs up Veteransurvival.com Web site

Dave,

This is a great Web site you have created to help Vets with any number of problems we might be having. I saw your message and immediately went there and requested your help in my application to the VA for disability benefits related to exposure to Agent Orange. I have a terminal cancer called Multiple Myeloma (MM) which the VA has recoginized a being caused by exposure to Agent Orange. They give automatic disability rating (or so they say) to folks exposed to it in Viet Nam and who have developed any of 10 listed diseases (MM is one of them). A couple of years ago, they quietly announced that they had sprayed it along the DMZ in Korea during the 1968-69 period. I was there in 1968 AND 1969 at Camp Casey, just south of the DMZ. I'm now looking for any assistance I might get from others to enable me to let them (VA) know "... when, where, and how I was exposed". Frankly, I believe I could have been exposed as a result of wind drift or ground water pollution, since Camp Casey was so close to the DMZ. Recently another vet who got there in July 1969 told me they were spraying Agent Orange EVERY NIGHT in CAMP CASEY, allegedly to"keep the bugs away". I left there in August 1969, but I never really noticed it. Does anyone know of others who were at Camp Casey from June 1968 to August 1969? If so, please email me right away, as I only have 20 days left to respond to the VA, or they "...may process my claim based only on what they already have".

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME WITH THIS, AND THANKS TO YOU DAVE, FOR CREATING SUCH A GREAT NEW WEB SITE TO HELP ALL US VETS!
Tom Courbat, 7th Inf.Div., Repl. Det & Admin Div.- seeking info on spraying of Agent Orange (AO) in or around Camp Casey Korea in 68-69. VA has determined AO causes Multiple Myeloma (MM) a cancer I have with no known cure. I need to establish exposure to AO to receive disability from VA
Old 04-27-2003, 02:16 PM

I'm sorry I can't help you with this. But ,you might want to post this at another catagory also, like under general all the way to the top. The more people that see it, the better. ( My son was visiting at Camp Casey last year.) Good Luck to you
Old 04-27-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Agent Orange in Korea

See my post in veteran's benefits.