The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2003, 10:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jessica Lynch

I?m frustrated and angry. It seems that the BBC, Los Angeles Times, Toronto Star and Associated Press think they have reason to take cheep-shots and engage in a smear campaign against the rescue operation and Troops that rescued Jessica Lynch. The allegation that the operation was a phony Hollywood deal and that the US combatants only had blank ammo, etc., has me on a slow burn. No proof, no evidence, no sources, just a hateful, vicious unfounded attack. Maybe they get their squirt behaving like a cheep public toilet tabloid, and maybe their audience gets their voyeuristic jollies by participating in the harassment of honorable serving people, who knows. Whatever, but freedom of the press does not necessarily equate to dishonest abuse by the press and if they have some proof, let?s see it, put it up BBC and all or shut your frigging mouths.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2003, 11:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Read the Article!

Just a bunch of anti-military hog-wash based on nothing but empty opinions. Just plain stupid!

Keith
Old 05-30-2003, 09:07 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Bill

This has got my bowells in an uproar,as well.Our local (and liberal) newspaper has been running the AP wire service version of this bullshit story,much to the chagrin of more than a few readers..me included.It`s simply another liberal media mud slinging campaign designed to impeach the integrity of our fine president and our military.Seems almost treasonous,in my humble opinion.

Peace,Griz
Old 06-01-2003, 04:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lady Creffield

It's painful to imagine how Lynch and her family are being impacted by this.

They could at leasthave waiteduntilthe scars and traumahad healed a bit before slinging rocks...
Old 06-03-2003, 01:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

I agree. Bill O'Reilly however, far from being liberal press is demanding the pentagon to address this issue on his show as of last night's show which I found astonishing. He says a poll on his station Fox wants the Pentagon to be accountable for the smoke there's fire stuff and the fact that no one is hearing from Jessica and that she's being shushed. I was surprised to hear this last night as Bill's a pretty credible source. :cd:
Old 06-03-2003, 03:43 PM

Hey we know - she's a hero in my book - that's all that counts.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-03-2003, 06:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Unhappy

I agree. She sure doesn't need bad press, she's suffered trauma, you can bet that much and doesn't need the media frenzy on top of everything else regardless of how she was rescued. Thank God she was rescued! That's the real issue. She wasn't having cookies and tea all busted up! I just noticed we're all using the red angry faces!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I?m not sure what Tiger O? thinks he?s going to get or why he?s pushing but I doubt there is a lot more than is already served up. If the Pentagon took advantage of the rescue video for PR purposes, so what. That eventuality doesn?t hurt my feelings one bit. The core of the issue is the allegation that the rescue was a staged and scripted production. That apparent propaganda lie-set seems to have a wooden stake driven through the heart and now the media is demanding something different. I have no clue what they think they have sniffed out and of course, the Pentagon has been silent on the whole episode, for whatever reason.

About the only thing new to come out is that Jessica seems to have been injured when the vehicle she was in did an endo, ass-over-teakettle flip. That seems credible as the nature of her injuries seems to indicate one heck of a pounding. But we?ll see what we see when we see it I suppose.

Scamp
Old 06-04-2003, 03:28 PM

I surmise that the Pentagon doesn't want to release the information, due to operational security, i.e., tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP), of our SF folks. I don't blame them a bit.
This is also probably the reason that Lynch has been told to be quiet about the ordeal in general.
When they (Pentagon) feel it is time to talk about it, they will.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:23 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Well stated,11D.The Clinton years completely disavowed and destroyed any and all intelligence gathering capabilities we had worked so hard,for so many years(Cold War)to make credible.Shit! There sure were NO secrets in THAT administration!

Peace,Griz