The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2003, 03:29 PM

Default NASCAR Revisited

There was a country song out not to long ago about or titles "who are goona fill those shoes"

..These old timers on the circuit are gonna have to face the fact that the older you get the slower the reflexes and also the fact the cars are going faster and faster each year.

What are your opions about setting an age limit to the racing of the Winston Cup Cars??

Tomorrows race in Indiana is going to be good, and there were so many "new track records" set during qualifing..

Can the "old farts " stay up with the "young guns"?

Just wondering.

DW was smart and got out of the cup cars before anything happened serious to him, but he still races the truck series every once in awhile.

They ( the drivers) take the series very serious as you know).

enough..........
Old 08-04-2003, 06:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to farmcharm Send a message via Yahoo to farmcharm

As an avid NASCAR nut (certified....I go to more than 5 races each year!)...I wonder about the future of the 'veterans' in Nascar....seems the car owners make sure that the 'young guns' get the best equipment, high profile sponsors, and media attention.....Guys like Mark Martin, Terry Labonte, Dale Jarrett,etc. appear to have equipment failures or problems in the pits week in and week out.....Personally I would love to see Ken Schrader and Johnny Benson win a race or two before they are totally 'run' out of the line ups on Sunday!
I believe that with the high recognition of some of the older drivers and their sponsors, there will not be an age limit set.....as long as they can sell their 'wares', and at least put on a good show, they will stay.....or till they get the lucrative deal on commentating!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 01:25 PM

This DONT make any and I mean ANY sense to me, but it happens each and every week.

The Busch Series racing is made for the up and coming NWC drivers. Right?

Why do es the Busch series racing allow so darn many NWC drivers in it?

Kevin Harvick won the Mich race today cause of rain, but before the race even started I counted 11 NWC racers in it, including Tony Stewart driving the #8 of Dale Jr.

That car was so damn fast that noone could catch him, and if it wasnt for the rain Tony would have won hands over heels.

Why dont the NWC drivers stick to their own and let someone else coming up from go-carts, open wheel fill their shoes instead of trying to ruin the rookies.

In the Winston Cup racing the rookies have a Yellow tape on their rear. Shouldnt that be allowed for the NWC drivers in the busch series? You know to let the person in front of you know who you are or vie vera?

enough............