The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up The USO Revisited!

Most of the people on this site are familiar with the USO! I myself had my first encounter with this worthwhile organization back in 1960!

I just received in the mail, an attractive set of mailing labels from the USO and was truly amazed at just how much this (NON-GOVERNMENT FUNDED) organization really does! As such, I thought that I would share it with those of you who thought that the USO just put on shows for our troops based abroad! And for the record, I do not applaud all organizations with equal zeal as you all know. I have been known to call a perceived skunk by it?s given name, but I will also jump to the forefront in complimenting any person or group that operates for the general good, and in my opinion, the USO is just such a great group!

FOR THE RECORD -

The USO operates a free phone home program that allows our home-sick troops to call home at no cost to them.

The USO operates what they call Cyber Canteens that generate not only "Countless Pots of Hot Java and Buckets of Good Conversation", they also have computers that allow our troops to surf the web and e-mail the folks back home.

The USO operates Fleet Support Centers, distributes care packages to our people in uniform, runs mobile canteens that go the troopers in the field, and yes, they still run those USO entertainment tours....

The USO also assists families in many different ways that include:

Overseas Community Centers
Childcare Services
Celebrity Education Programs etc., etc.

Again, like many of you out there, I have run into my share of organization (you probably know who they are) that talk the talk and little else! But this USO is a golden horse of a different color!! The good that they (USO) do, along with a few other worthwhile organizations, is a ray of hope in an oft-time dismal and war-torn world....

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links