The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2006, 11:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Another Reason To Put April 2007 On Your Calendar!

The information that will be paramount in the decision process which will result in the Veterans Disability Benefits Commissions' report and recomendations to Congress and the President is due to be completed by the IOM next April 2007.

PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!--------BE AFRAID!.....BE VERY AFRAID!

Below is a summary of the IOMS charge as directed by the VDBC. (or better know as "The Commission From Hell"!)

###START###

The Institute of Medicine

Board on Military and Veterans Health > Medical Evaluation of Veterans for Disability Compensation

An expert committee is reviewing medical aspects of the veteran's disability and compensation procedures and programs. Central to that study will be a comprehensive review of the Veterans Administration's Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD).

Specifically, the committee will Conduct a comprehensive review of the VASRD. Assess whether the schedule is an appropriate, valid, and reliable instrument for evaluating medical impairment and determining degree of disability.

Examine adequacy and appropriateness of medical criteria used to qualify veterans for special purpose and ancillary benefits.

Analyze the current application of Individual Unemployability , an extra-schedular benefit, to determine whether the VASRD descriptions need to more accurately reflect a veteran's ability to participate in the economic marketplace.

Determine if the methods for determining and coding impairments and the methods for determining their severity are medically sound for single and multiple conditions.

Assess the medical criteria currently used to qualify veterans for secondary and aggravated service-connected conditions and how to exclude effect of natural disease progression.

Assess how medical expertise is used to evaluate veterans throughout the claims process. Comment on the appropriateness of medical credentials and training requirements needed to support the disability evaluation and rating process.

Read more information about the study,( http://www8.nationalacademies.org/cp...IOMX-H-05-03-A ) including a more detailed statement of work, short biographical descriptions of the committee members, and the schedule of meetings.

A separate IOM committee is reviewing the evaluation of the presumptive disability decision-making process for veterans. ( http://www.iom.edu/?id=34760

The project is commissioned by the Congressionally established Veterans' Disability Benefits Commission and is funded by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The approximate start date for the project is January 11, 2006.

A report will be issued at the end of the project in approximately 15 months.

For more information contact:
Mike McGeary
Phone: 202.334.1745
Fax: 202.334.2685
E-mail: mmcgeary@nas.edu

###END###

Myself, along with many, many more expert and qualified, professional veterans advocates are convinced this so-called 'investigation' will be utilized to further erode or totally eliminate veterans benefits as we know them.

This Veterans Disability Benefits Commission was established from the negotiations with the President & the Republican leadership of Congress when arriving at a 'comprimise' long term so-called 'solution' to "phased in" ConCurrent Receipt in 2004. It was the ONLY way the Republican leadership & the President would agree to ANY form of CCR, and it appears they have achieved their unscrupulous goal of finding a way to reduce or eliminate veterans benefits as they've been established in the past.

I hate to keep saying it----------but,.........I TOLD YOU SO!---Didn't I???

Hopefully the "new" Congress wil be able to block these folks from their intended purpose.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2006, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well...I just got sicker. Just when I thought it was safe to read one of Gimpy's posts!

I don't think many of their new recommendations will make it through the new Congress. I say that because I guaranteeee they are going to try and screw us. It's only right though...we are in the middle of a War.

Becoming more Blue Nosed every day.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I think screwing veterans is bipartisan. The Dems can blame it on the Republicans.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Getting sicker

Quote:
Originally posted by Packy Well...I just got sicker. Just when I thought it was safe to read one of Gimpy's posts!

I don't think many of their new recommendations will make it through the new Congress . I say that because I guaranteeee they are going to try and screw us. It's only right though...we are in the middle of a War.

Becoming more Blue Nosed every day.

Pack

Sorry my Dear Surthern Brother!

I didn't mean to ruin your day. Hopefully what you say will in fact happen. I am however believing that this "new" Congress learned some leasons from that last bunch and surely won't conduct themselves like they did.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.