The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2022, 03:33 AM

Arrow Now this report is very political - not sure what to make of it.

A Trump-appointed former senior adviser to the Secretary of Defense says Russian forces have been 'too gentle' on Ukraine and called Zelensky a 'puppet'
By: Sarah Al-Arshani - Business Insider News - 03-06-22
Re: https://www.businessinsider.com/form...-puppet-2022-3
-
Personal note: It seems many Repulican's want to through Zelensky under the bus for the issues currently underway in Ukraine. (This Political View Is Questionable)

A Trump appointee said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was a "puppet" and said the Russians have been too gentle in their attack on Ukraine.

"The first five days Russian forces I think frankly were too gentle. They've now corrected that. So, I would say another ten days this should be completely over," Retired Col. Douglas Macgregor, who former President Donald Trump appointed as a senior adviser to the Secretary of Defense, said in an interview with Fox Business' Stuart Varney on Friday.

Macgregor, who Trump also nominated in July 2020 as ambassador to Germany, said the war could have "ended days ago" if Zelensky had accepted what the Russians want, which he said is a "neutral Ukraine."

"I think Zelensky is a puppet and he is putting huge numbers of his own population in unnecessary risk," Macgregor said.

Macgregor laughed when Varney was asked if he thought Zelensky was a hero for standing up and fighting.

"I don't see anything heroic about the man. I think the most heroic thing he could do right now is come to terms with reality. Neutralize Ukraine," Macgregor said. "This is not a bad thing. A neutral Ukraine would be good for us and Russia. It would create the buffer that frankly both sides want but he's I think being told I think to hold on and trying to drag this out, which is tragic for the people that have to live through this."

Varney ended the interview by telling Macgregor that he disagreed with him.

Zelensky has been applauded as a hero for remaining in Ukraine as Russia invades despite warnings that he is a target for assassination attempts. Zelensky has called on Ukrainians to take up arms and defend the country from Russian forces.

Macgregor was also shut down by Fox News correspondent Jennifer Griffin last week after saying the US should not help Ukraine and that Russian President Vladimir Putin should be able to seize parts of the country.

"We will not send our forces to fight, but we are urging Ukrainians to die pointlessly in a fight they can't win. We're going to create a far greater humanitarian crisis than anything you've ever seen if it doesn't stop," Macgregor said.

Griffin said Macgregor's comments had many "distortions."

"The kind of appeasement talk that Colonel Macgregor, who should know better — when he was in government, he was the one who was advising Trump to pull all troops out of Germany," she said. "That projection of weakness is what made Putin think he could move into a sovereign country like Ukraine."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: I never did like Fox News - still don't. I also question other news agencies only from the stand point that many of the postings are sensationalized. The problem is that one Country wants it's liberty and the other side wants it as a bufferzone. The People have a President whose being abused by bad media. Liberty isn't free - it takes blood and death with it - when in progress. America went through these issues long before it became the United States of America. I give credit to the Ukraine's for standing up against their aggressors. Freedom isn't free - our fore-father's knew this - and we took a beating at first - but finally established the United States of America. It wasn't easy as we all know Freedom comes at a cost - most us know that - others just bend a knee let other's fight the battles.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links