The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2005, 05:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Greek Statue Joke

At the entrance to a beautiful park in a large city stand two life-sized Greek statues, one male and one female, facing each other across the pathway. They were placed there when the park was dedicated in 1902.

One summer day an angel is flying over the park, as on many days in the past. And on this day, as on many days, the angel marvels at the beauty of the statues, and at how long they have stood there, so still, as if frozen in time.

The angel, taking pity on the statues, thinks. "I will reward them for their beauty and for being immobile for so long! I will bring them to life!"

Shortly, in the presence of the angel, the statues find that they are alive! They can move, and talk, and breathe!

The angel says to them, "As a reward for being so patient and enduring, I am giving you life for half an hour. You may experience life just as humans do for a short while. You may do anything you wish, but you cannot leave the park."

The statues are ecstatic. They take each other by the hand and run off into a secluded area of the park.

In about fifteen minutes the angel sees them strolling back, chatting happily with each other.

"Well," says the angel, "Are you enjoying yourselves?"

"That was great!", says the male statue. "I've been wanting to do that for over a hundred years!"

"YESSSSS!", says the female statue. "That was the most satisfying thing I've ever experienced!"

"Well...", says the angel, smiling and winking at them, "You still have fifteen minutes left!"

The statues glance at each other, smile mischievously, take each other's hand and head for the trees.

As they depart, the angel hears the female statue say,

"Okay, this time I'LL hold down the pigeons and YOU can shit on them!"

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2005, 05:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rigger...

Was a little shitty.
But,...still a good joke.

Neil