The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2003, 03:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Miracle!

For all you doubting Thomases, proverbial cynics, and hardened negativists, pay attention and lookee here: Gimpy has had his very own epiphany! Now who could ever doubt the power of prayer.........

I have long suspected that lack of cooperation on the part of the service organizations is bested only by inter-service rivalry at the Pentagon. Boiling it all down to the lowest common denominator, it smells like the unending power struggle of who gets the most and biggest toys. At the service organization level, it has to do with membership numbers, translated into lobbying power, PR campaigns, and real or alleged benefits to members. Perhaps we as individual members can pressure our respective organizations to work more closely together, and then better benefits can be realized.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2003, 05:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gimpy :

Let's call a cease fire..I agree the Republicans are f*cking up bad on Veteran's issues.... no doubt...You still have to put it in the context of Veterans' issues from 1918 - 2003 ( It is a horrible, horrible picture..any way you look at it )...but as for the forest and the trees...have to repeat all of this one more time...after 2008 you can kiss any and all kowtowing to our "special interest" needs. The WW2 guys will almost all be dead or in nursing homes and out of it, and the Korean vets not far behind...the Baby-Boomer-Social-In-Security-at-62- SNAFU- /-FUBAR, when all the IOUS that the Congress has filled the "Social-In-Security-NO-Trust Funds" will come do and bankrupt this country...check it out on www.google.com...You and I are and most of us are victims of the divide-and-ignore-the-shit-shell-game...If all the Vet organizations do not consolidate together and use what little pull they have left, in the next 5 years, Vets are doomed period. I will refrain from the US vs. TEM Yada-Yada-Yada from now on... it is damn counter productive...one last thing though...Byrd and Co. had both houses in their pockets for over a year in 2001... when that Republican Senator switched sides and what did they do..NOT A MOTHER-F**KING THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CEASE FIRE... ONLY POSITIVE VIBES FROM ME FROM NOW ON WITH THIS TOPIC........

Larry-O
Old 07-19-2003, 07:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Now lookee heanh,

hold up thare jest a dang minute. I shorely a-ppreesheates all that thare co-operation we'uns is-a finally showing.

But, that DON'T mean I ain't still gonna hammer them rascally, scalawags whut is in control of the Congress and the Whitehouse, ya know?

I do however TOTALLY agree that SuperScouts and Mortardudes position(s) of putting MORE pressure on our respective service organizations to "band" together as a "united front" is definately a winning strategy. Now lets ALL get to work and see what we can do----TOGETHER!

PS---Dude, BTW----You're mistaken about that "year" you spoke when that republican senator "switched sides" however. The Senate WAS in control of the Democrats & independents for that year, ---BUT the House of representatives has ALWAYS been in control of the Republicans since 1994. As You said---"You can look it up"---that's a fact Jack! And, like I said---if the House says --NO GO---you can bet your sweet arse---it AIN'T gonna come out of "conference committe" with a freakin chance in HELL of passing.

Somebody in ALL the service organizations in the home state of Dennis the Menace Hastert needs to get out the WORD that if that sumbitch don't get his SHIT together---HE"S TOAST!

That's the ONLY language those imbeciles understand!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 08:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well stated Mr. Gimpy...you are a true "Son of the South" and a Southern gentleman..... ;-)

Larry