The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2002, 02:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hmmm, sounds like ya smacked him good with an ambush. Gals ain?t supposed to know about that kind of thing ya know, at least that's what dim bulbs like that count on. I suppose his offered name was Nick Danger as well. After ya smack him and Chris and Keith iron out his attitude, he needs to have an appointment with the VP in charge of pointing out the obvious. I know how to do that but a growley bear cop like Andy would be a better choice.

Fair seas, Bill
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2002, 08:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortdawg

Hoyin,
Yeah next time smash in his skull.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ABNCIB

A coupla years ago I saw CNN do a story on homeless Vets. They interviewed one guy who complained because he did his 'all' for the country and now he's homeless. The interviewer asked the bum how long he'd been in DS and the guy answered that he got there in May. He didn't say which May, but everyone else on the planet knows that Hussein invaded August 2d, 1990, and the Ground War ended February 28th, 1991.

Well, the interviewer looked a bit dazed and scrambled off to interview another bum...I turned the channel. Not only are there people acting as if they are vets (barely) there are others trying to steal the benefits that we earned.

Shut them all down, mark them up real bad, so at least they'll have scars to show next time they tell their lies.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:01 PM

This guy is just a weasel. Any one take a bet he was wearing panties?
Old 07-02-2002, 03:29 PM

Read the Info on this site and your Blood will really boil!
http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm
Old 07-02-2002, 06:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to vetgirl
Default one thing worse

That is calling a real vet a wanna be
Old 07-11-2002, 10:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default An interesting aside

About a year or two after I was discharged (1967-71 was my tour) I came home from college classes sponsored by Uncle sam (thank you very much) and I found my wife trying on my Dress Blue bellbottom trousers.

I literally yelled at her, what the hell did she think she was doing. Well if your head was not in the sand you know how popular bell bottoms were in the early 70's. She wanted to alter them to fit her. I said no way. She did not earn the right to wear them, etc, etc. They are still in the closet to this day.

I wore my peacoat until it fell apart about 10 years after discharge. It was the subject of many a good conversations.If there is anything I cannot stand it is people who obviously never spent a day in their life in the service of their country wearing pieces of uniforms that we all earned with blood, sweat and tears.

Bill Doherty
DC3 USCG 1967-71

King John 2.1.466
Old 07-11-2002, 11:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I went to the site suggested by

Richard Slonike,

Most of these guys listed there are professional con-men hoping to make a living off of conning the government and sympathetic people. As Andy says, "thats there job."

I usually can spot a wannabee when I see: an old fatigue jacket with all kinds of military ranks on the same jacket. Army stripes and Airforce stripes all on one jacket, etc. Usually I pretended to be a gullible interested individual and ask enough questions to get them talking in circles then get them trying to explain everything. I usually end up saying: "Son you have never been in the military have you?" Some will answer they hadn't, and others will go right on digging themselves into a hole.

When I was living in Newport, WA. we had a lady in her sixties that would go sit on the corner of the state line (Newport is really two towns - Oldtown, Idaho and Newport, WA) on the Idaho side of the border is a little "strip mall" with several stores, on the Washington side is a big Safeway Store and a McDonalds. Lots of traffic in the area. Anyway this lady would sit near the stop light and usually on the Washington side of the street holding up a sign stating, "Will work for Food." People would give her twenties, etc. rather than ask an older woman to work. The police did an investigation on her and found out that she lived in Sandpoint, Idaho (28 miles down the road) and had close to $200,000 in a savings account and was living in a nice home. They figured she was pulling in somewhere between $300 to $1000 a day in the summer time with all the tourists traveling through. The police gave her a ride home and told her not to come back to town again!

Fraud is fraud (to me) whether its a wannabee or someone posing to be poor. My difficulty is that I as a compassionate human being I must not allow my concern and care for humanity to be robbed by cynicism (which is easy for all of us). Too much of cynicism can make a skeptic of each of us and make us uncompassionate when we should show compassion. The balance is often hard to maintain when you have jerked around by a wannabee.

Keith

Hey,

When my daughter was in High School she wore my combat boots and fatigue jacket to school, I think they called that grundge. Anyway, my dress uniform is still in the closet. Hat, shirt, tie, pants, ribbons for the medals etc. It gets buried with me!
Old 07-11-2002, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ironic...

... they told me to turn mine in when I got the"spanish archer",el-bow, boot, whatever you want to call it, but kept um anyway, not much to look at now, pants I gave away to a guy that really just needed pants, still have the dress coats, nothin on um cept three lonely stripes...still have a name tag for them around some where on the shelf.......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk